+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: January window.

Media reports suggesting Derby are interested in signing Julian Larsson 22 a striker at Forest on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    JJ appears to be a sick note, unfortunately, and now Wash is out till March so we probably now need 2 extra ones up top on top of the one we already needed. Finding one decent striker is hard enough in a January window. Finding 3 will prove nigh on impossible. Might young Weston be the answer?

In MF we need a Seth/GT type with good legs.

We look OK at the back but we might need to replace Nyambe who must be on some SBC club's radar. Him being away at the African Cup of Nations for January might prove to be a blessing in disguise.

Out wide we need a 2nd NML type. Unfortunately both Barks and Sibs aren't consistent enough.
    A ‘GT type with good legs’...good luck with that, exactly right but might be a tad pricey.

CJ Hamilton (who might be your ‘2nd NML type’) seems the most heavily rumoured so far, but he won’t be cheap and I’m not sure how he fits PW’s intimation that any January signings will be largely loans.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    A ‘GT type with good legs’...good luck with that, exactly right but might be a tad pricey.

CJ Hamilton (who might be your ‘2nd NML type’) seems the most heavily rumoured so far, but he won’t be cheap and I’m not sure how he fits PW’s intimation that any January signings will be largely loans.
    Only said what we need rA. You are, however, quite right in your assumption that we would have to pay rather more than a "moderate" fee. Having said that, hasn't PW intimated it's likely to be loans in January?

Only said what we need rA. You are, however, quite right in your assumption that we would have to pay rather more than a "moderate" fee. Having said that, hasn't PW intimated it's likely to be loans in January?
    He has, as I said, which is why I’m a little confused as, of the three mentioned as potential signings - Hamilton, Blackett Taylor and Larsson - I’d imagine only the latter might be available as a loan.

He has, as I said, which is why I’m a little confused as, of the three mentioned as potential signings - Hamilton, Blackett Taylor and Larsson - I’d imagine only the latter might be available as a loan.
    ... unless the first three are being looked at as loans with a view to buy in the summer.

What about that Sheff Wed striker we were supposedly after in the summer. Not looked recently but he wasn't getting much, if any, game time. Maybe a loan with a view to a free transfer?

... unless the first three are being looked at as loans with a view to buy in the summer.

What about that Sheff Wed striker we were supposedly after in the summer. Not looked recently but he wasn't getting much, if any, game time. Maybe a loan with a view to a free transfer?
    You mean Michael Smith, has been involved in 15 games either as sub or starting this season, can't see Sheff Wed letting him go, especially as it looks as if they are L1 bound again!

Not sure where you get we need 3 strikers from MA? Yes Washington is out for 3 months, but we have Collins, Waghorn and John-Jules at the moment. We need a replacement for Washington, but we haven't had John-Jules since Sept, so if he stays fit and we keep him, then 1 is required or if he goes back, then 2 are needed. Loans seem the most likely either way.

Larsson from Forest was muted as a loan.

CJ Hamilton is in the last 6/7 months of his contract, so whilst a fee would be required, I can't see it being that big and he would fit the need for someone to play wide and also cover if NML is unavailable.

The guy from Charlton would require a fee and I don't see him being a realistic target.

Marvin Johnson (LB?) from Sheff Wed, isn't currently in the squad and nearly joined us, can also play midfield I think so could be a possibility.

CJ Hamilton can leave on a free at the end of this season, so doubt any fee would be very big, £250K or thereabouts?

Larsson is being touted as a possible loan from Forest not sure how much this is likely, but bulk of any incomings will be loans, unless we sell a player for a big fee which might change things.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    You mean Michael Smith, has been involved in 15 games either as sub or starting this season, can't see Sheff Wed letting him go, especially as it looks as if they are L1 bound again!

Not sure where you get we need 3 strikers from MA? Yes Washington is out for 3 months, but we have Collins, Waghorn and John-Jules at the moment. We need a replacement for Washington, but we haven't had John-Jules since Sept, so if he stays fit and we keep him, then 1 is required or if he goes back, then 2 are needed. Loans seem the most likely either way.

Larsson from Forest was muted as a loan.

CJ Hamilton is in the last 6/7 months of his contract, so whilst a fee would be required, I can't see it being that big and he would fit the need for someone to play wide and also cover if NML is unavailable.

The guy from Charlton would require a fee and I don't see him being a realistic target.

Marvin Johnson (LB?) from Sheff Wed, isn't currently in the squad and nearly joined us, can also play midfield I think so could be a possibility.
    Many fans are of the opinion that we need a new striker in and have been voicing such ever since the summer window shut. That's one. We need one in, at least temporarily, to replace Washington, That's two. The third is the likelihood of replacing JJ due to his injury proneness. There's no doubt he's a good player. I doubt he can stay fit enough to make the majority of the next 28 league games plus up to 5 BSM Trophy games. Maybe we could get cute for once and say to Arsenal that we pay his wages when he's fit to play and they pay them when he's not. Buy a sicknote, you get a sicknote. Shame for the lad but, unless we can get the Gunners to agree to the "cute" deal I suggested I think we should let him return to them.

Many fans are of the opinion that we need a new striker in and have been voicing such ever since the summer window shut. That's one. We need one in, at least temporarily, to replace Washington, That's two. The third is the likelihood of replacing JJ due to his injury proneness. There's no doubt he's a good player. I doubt he can stay fit enough to make the majority of the next 28 league games plus up to 5 BSM Trophy games. Maybe we could get cute for once and say to Arsenal that we pay his wages when he's fit to play and they pay them when he's not. Buy a sicknote, you get a sicknote. Shame for the lad but, unless we can get the Gunners to agree to the "cute" deal I suggested I think we should let him return to them.
    True many fans including some on here have been moaning about lack of a striker, we ned goals etc. etc. whilst ignoring the fact we have scored more goals than last season!!

Realistically we've done that without John-Jules, so IF he stays fit then Washington won't be missed. But getting a promising loan in if possible as extra cover would be a good move, I'd be very surprised if we actually do more than just get in another loan striker, if we couldn't get a decent striker on a free in the summer, its not going to happen in January.

I agree with your sentiments about JJ, but then we are not privy to the loan deal with Arsenal, obvs Sunderland wanted wages for their loan who got injured, but would imagine Arsenal are not necessarily bothered too much about wages, just want their player to have a run of games. But a pay when you play deal would be sensible if it can be negotiated.

I'd keep him, if he only plays another dozen games but gets 5 or 6 significant goals he would be worth it. Don't really see we would risk him for the cup games except maybe for the last 15 mins to build up match fitness.

Latest bit of gossip, Derby are interested in Ben Krauhaus a 19 yr old winger from Bromley, surprised they haven't asked GpPto scout him for them!!

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)