+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfers & Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    He was right for the era he played. Wouldn’t last 5 minutes now though and definitely not a fit for the way we play.
    Yes, not so much a tippy tappy type, more kicky biffy! But fantastic though.

Jaden Warner

Quote Originally Posted by VerybigpieLittlepie View Post
    Jaden Warner
    A quick Google search suggests he would be another Macari/Tipton-esque signing:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jaden-...spieler/654254

If we’re signing a defender to improve our horrendous defensive stats, we need a battle-hardened player who’s an obvious starter from day one - someone who has been a permanent fixture at a decent level already this season, the pick of their team’s defence. But that type of player will necessitate a transfer fee, and January is historically a bad time to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    A quick Google search suggests he would be another Macari/Tipton-esque signing:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jaden-...spieler/654254

If we’re signing a defender to improve our horrendous defensive stats, we need a battle-hardened player who’s an obvious starter from day one - someone who has been a permanent fixture at a decent level already this season, the pick of their team’s defence. But that type of player will necessitate a transfer fee, and January is historically a bad time to buy.
    Have to agree with this, Tipton hasn't worked Louis on the other hand did, it's a huge gamble taking unknown young players on at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post
    Have to agree with this, Tipton hasn't worked Louis on the other hand did, it's a huge gamble taking unknown young players on at this stage.
    I looked him up on Twitter and he liked some of the county posts after the Morecambe game so I imagine there’s something in that.
    The fact he’s been given some time at Champ level is encouraging.

Interesting piece on him here after his debut in the EFL Cup earlier this season:

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich...-senior-debut/

This line stood out (though if he comes to us on loan, there’s no guarantee we’d actually play him, as Tipton can testify):

“The aim is to hopefully get in the squad and get more minutes. If not then in January I will look for a loan to get some first-team football. We will see what happens and I’m looking forward to it.”

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Interesting piece on him here after his debut in the EFL Cup earlier this season:

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich...-senior-debut/

This line stood out (though if he comes to us on loan, there’s no guarantee we’d actually play him, as Tipton can testify):

“The aim is to hopefully get in the squad and get more minutes. If not then in January I will look for a loan to get some first-team football. We will see what happens and I’m looking forward to it.”
    https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/240231...ary-loan-exit/

Whether intentional or not this remark sets the stall for the rest of the season at least.
    " Williams confirmed recently that the club would look to the transfer market for potential defensive recruits.

“In this game, you only get so many chances and I should think there will be a list of players that the club are very interested in and feel they may be able to bring them in to improve our performances," he told the Nottingham Post. "If we’re ambitious enough, then that is what will happen."

This as well:

Warner is highly-regarded at Norwich and could be suited to the possession-based football played by Luke Williams at Notts County. They have held a long-term interest in signing the City youngster on a temporary basis.

Our style of play makes it more likely to get players on loan and we will get one that makes a real difference.

"If we’re ambitious enough, then that is what will happen."
    Was going to say before; was this a challenge to the Bros or a knowing set up for "There you go supporters, we are ambitious?

Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast