+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfers & Rumours

It was posted up on Faceache the other day from some obscure website with zero evidence.

Let the bidding begin. If Coventry have offered that, there will be others interested now without doubt

If we get 500k for Luke <sic> and 2 mill for Langy happy days.

We have more money than Wrexham

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Nope, that was from Exeter, it had a bunch of add ons I believe but the total sum was that much
    Reported fee was £1.8m.

Brentford sold him to Villa for £28m, so Exeter may have had a decent sell-on clause but there's no way Brentford paid £7m for him.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    If we get 500k for Luke <sic> and 2 mill for Langy happy days.

We have more money than Wrexham
    On what basis?

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Reported fee was £1.8m.

Brentford sold him to Villa for £28m, so Exeter may have had a decent sell-on clause but there's no way Brentford paid £7m for him.
    25% sell on clause.

I’d take 2m and 25% sell on for Macca. The club were shrewd in extending the deal for Macca which gives us scope to get good value for our prized asset.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    On what basis?
    Obviously it is pie in the sky mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    25% sell on clause.

I’d take 2m and 25% sell on for Macca. The club were shrewd in extending the deal for Macca which gives us scope to get good value for our prized asset.
    And would mean the end to our season with his natural replacement in Scott out for the season. Our goals would change from promotion to survival. I can see him moving on in the summer though.

I'm quite philosophical about it all to be honest. At the end of the day most clubs are a stepping stone for those on their way up unless you are playing right at the very top. It's just relative as to where you are in the pyramid.

Similar to Luke Williams, Macauley Langstaff has worked hard and worked his way up from non-league. Why begrudge someone who has humble beginnings the opportunity to play or coach at the highest level they can. These are the type of characters we want at the club in my view.

If the likes of Ruben, Langstaff, Luke Williams and Ryan Harley move up two levels after getting Notts up one level then it's worked out for all parties in my opinion.

I'd sooner us be a club that give people and ultimately Notts a platform in which to go to the next level or beyond whilst also taking the club to the next level as well. Far better than us taking people on the way down and thus taking the club down with them. Likewise it makes us a very attractive prospect for the next wave of up and coming players and coaches, but this time we are in the EFL.

Plus the added bonus is it brings money into the club which helps it to be more sustainable. Derek Pavis used to do it. The key in all of this is who is brought in as replacements and when we see the likes of Langstaff for Wootton, Crowley for Rodrigues whilst they are different players they have brought something extra to the club and helped it push on.

Edit - Langstaff to leave in the summer preferably as opposed to January.

Page 15 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast