+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans' Forum tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Pitch last done 23 years ago (2000)? I though AH made a big thing of digging up the pitch properly, unlike Trew, and there was quite a stench (no, not AH) around Meadow Lane at the time because the decomposed layer of old vegetation being exposed to the atmosphere.
    I think that was just the top few inches but it wasn't a full renovation. The last full one was the laser thing we had done that ironically made the drainage worse

Well worth watching, especially the first half. One thing that came across well was that each of the members of the panel is crystal clear on their role and aims. It blows my mind that Notts are seriously considering ground improvements to increase capacity after so many years of moaning that the ground was too big. Not to mention that they're actively seeking land for the training ground we've never had. Remarkable.

Slightly disappointed that nobody asked JP about the monorail. Missed opportunity.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 22-11-2023 at 01:02 AM.

Why do people attend, and just sit and listen without any input, could have watched it at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Why do people attend, and just sit and listen without any input, could have watched it at home.
    Why leave the home at all if everything can be done online. Why even get out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Why leave the home at all if everything can be done online. Why even get out of bed.
    Or go to a match when you can watch a stream?

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Obviously, you had to be there to ask a question in the second half. My question was asked in the first part, but it was still fascinating to be there and to watch Luke Williams - a very charismatic presence and a natural leader with a real sense of empathy for both players and fans alike.

I loved his comment about not wanting to create a “victim” mentality among the players (in relation to the Crewe defeat). The only slight hint of disagreement I sensed was Rich and Luke’s take on overseas players, with the former seeing them as adding value and the latter seeing them as having more potential baggage (citing Ruben’s rocky start with us - though he could also have mentioned Eli Sam).

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Obviously, you had to be there to ask a question in the second half. My question was asked in the first part, but it was still fascinating to be there and to watch Luke Williams - a very charismatic presence and a natural leader with a real sense of empathy for both players and fans alike.

I loved his comment about not wanting to create a “victim” mentality among the players (in relation to the Crewe defeat). The only slight hint of disagreement I sensed was Rich and Luke’s take on overseas players, with the former seeing them as adding value and the latter seeing them as having more potential baggage (citing Ruben’s rocky start with us - though he could also have mentioned Eli Sam).
    I suspect it could be the level of English that is understood by said overseas player. Given Gosling said recently that the amount of information he had been given was huge - imagine that but with restricted understanding of the English language.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Luke Williams hasn't worked with Eli Sam, why would he mention him?

When LW was talking about the long term injuries, he mentioned Palmer wasn't picked one game because he was sulking? What was that all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    When LW was talking about the long term injuries, he mentioned Palmer wasn't picked one game because he was sulking? What was that all about?
    That's not what I heard. I heard along the lines of, "Matty is Mr Reliable, except for the first game of the season where he was sulking". Or words to that effect?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast