+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley out of the FA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Sorry to hear this sad news lads,another case of fans suffering at the hands of inept club officials.. never mind lads KTF and hope you can get promoted so we can meet in the championship next season as we will be relegated. 🙂
    Yo uncle Alf lol, this would never have happened to the other Burnsley team would it. Vinnie Ko would have gone apesh*it. 😵
    Its all Michael Duff and Josh Benson's fault!!.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Nudge, can tha find summat positive to say cos I’m totally disillusioned?
    No - sorry.
    It would be laughable - if it wasn’t so embarrassing.
    Someone must be responsible - and that includes the not too bright player that’s involved.
    Money down the drain.
    Neerav, JAQ and James must be sat with their head in their hand’s worrying about the level of staff incompetence at the club.

“Someone must be responsible - and that includes the not too bright player that’s involved”

Bang wrong there Nudge, in my opinion the person responsible for this is the person who signed off the loan agreement and then signed off the paper work to recall him from his loan spell.

Now I wonder who that was then Nudge.

We are a joke! So embarrassing for a so called professional club!

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    No - sorry.
    Someone must be responsible - and that includes the not too bright player that’s involved.
    Money down the drain.
    Neerav, JAQ and James must be sat with their head in their hand’s worrying about the level of staff incompetence at the club.
    Please tell me your not blaming Aiden Marsh .

A club is only as good as it's directors , who said that YN ?

Now your throwing a 20 year old kid under the bus to save these feck wits ?

Shameful .

No - sorry.
    Money down the drain.
    Id rather they were sat with a “For Sale” sign in their hands and a ticket out of here…..

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Shameful .
    Unbelievable

In the last 137 seasons, only one other football league club has been disqualified from the 'proper' rounds of the FA Cup for fielding an ineligible player. That club was Bury in the 06/07 season in a second round replay.

It kind of puts it into perspective what a monumental feck up this well and truly is.

Dozens of Non league clubs have fallen foul of this since the competition began. Perhaps that's understandable because they weren't professional outfits........ Al say no more

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Shameful .
    20 year old kid ?!?!
    I was down the pit and up front in the headings at that age.
    Electrician trying to keep Amco boring and firing tunnellers going - while also looking after 2 NCB Dint Headers.

After reading the statements then I’m assuming - which I know ain’t great - that one of our players has played in the FA Cup for another club this season.
    So then - surely that player should take some responsibility of getting to know his paper work was all in order to play for the club.
    And obviously someone from the club should have been double checking it - which they clearly didn’t.

20 year old kid ?!?!
    I was down the pit and up front in the headings at that age.
    Electrician trying to keep Amco boring and firing tunnellers going - while also looking after 2 NCB Dint Headers.

After reading the statements then I’m assuming - which I know ain’t great - that one of our players has played in the FA Cup for another club this season.
    So then - surely that player should take some responsibility of getting to know his paper work was all in order to play for the club.
    And obviously someone from the club should have been double checking it - which they clearly didn’t.
    Not sure how your work background is relevant Nudge. There are 8 year olds in Asia working in sweat shops producing replica shirts for football clubs.

If you were involved in a legal procedure such as buying a house you would employ a solicitor with knowledge of the legal details of conveyancing. Similarly a professional football club employs a person or persons with detailed knowledge of player contracts, registrations etc and should have systems in place to ensure accuracy eg a double check.

I would not expect the player himself to get involved and I would guess the players trust the administration if they clear someone to play..

Some posters on BBS are pointing a finger at Eleanor Dobson, Club Secretary, who recently commented on her role saying--

"One minute I could be completing domestic or international player registrations, transfers and loans and the next I could be communicating aspects of football rules, regulations and requirements to the Board and staff".

There is no evidence that Eleanor Dobson was directly involved in this matter and i very much doubt if anything will be clarified as to individuals involved. Mr Khaled El Ahmad is likely to be her immediate superior responsible for adequate systems being established.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 23-11-2023 at 05:41 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast