+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Barnsley out of the FA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Not sure how your work background is relevant Nudge. There are 8 year olds in Asia working in sweat shops producing replica shirts for football clubs.

If you were involved in a legal procedure such as buying a house you would employ a solicitor with knowledge of the legal details of conveyancing. Similarly a professional football club employs a person or persons with detailed knowledge of player contracts, registrations etc and should have systems in place to ensure accuracy eg a double check.

I would not expect the player himself to get involved and I would guess the players trust the administration if they clear someone to play..

Some posters on BBS are pointing a finger at Eleanor Dobson, Club Secretary, who recently commented on her role saying--

"One minute I could be completing domestic or international player registrations, transfers and loans and the next I could be communicating aspects of football rules, regulations and requirements to the Board and staff".

There is no evidence that Eleanor Dobson was directly involved in this matter and i very much doubt if anything will be clarified as to individuals involved. Mr Khaled El Ahmad is likely to be her immediate superior responsible for adequate systems being established.
    Addition

Loyalists are beginning to pop their heads above the parapet--along the lines of--

Honest mistake
    Who hasn't made a mistake at work ?
    Person's self bad feeling is punishment enough
    Who wants a person from Barnsley sacked ?
    Typical of the moaners
    In the scale of problems does it really matter ?
    Vindictive and distasteful to want heads to roll
    Move on

It didn't take long. All valid opinions of course.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 23-11-2023 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    20 year old kid ?!?!
    I was down the pit and up front in the headings at that age.
    Electrician trying to keep Amco boring and firing tunnellers going - while also looking after 2 NCB Dint Headers.

After reading the statements then I’m assuming - which I know ain’t great - that one of our players has played in the FA Cup for another club this season.
    So then - surely that player should take some responsibility of getting to know his paper work was all in order to play for the club.
    And obviously someone from the club should have been double checking it - which they clearly didn’t.
    Assuming Nudge.
    The majority of reports are suggesting that this is the most feasible reason:

At the time of the first match Marsh was on loan in the National League at York City, but with a ten day gap between the first match and the replay he was recalled from York and started at Horsham in the replay. FA rules state that only players eligible for the original tie can appear in a replay. At the time of the first match, Marsh’s registration was still held by York and Marsh was on loan in the National League at York City, but with a ten day gap between the first match and the replay he was recalled from York and started at Horsham in the replay. FA rules state that only players eligible for the original tie can appear in a replay. At the time of the first match, Marsh’s registration was still held by York City.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 23-11-2023 at 09:51 AM.

Just to put the record straight , I've read that the lady Secretary at Oakwell has been subjected to a witch hunt on another forum with regard to this debacle .

The lady in question is on sick leave and has been for several weeks .

It's darn to the CEO in my view. It's not the player, not the head coach or the secretary. Khaled has had another howler. We all make mistakes but this is a schoolboy error of the highest order and its cost us.

My question is- are the points given on the predictions league now null and void for the Horsham replay

MAKE IT A SEASON TO REMEMBER
    TEAM BUS UP IN FLAMES
    KICKIED OUT OF FA CUP
    EFL DO US A FAVOUR AND ONLY DEDUCT US 12 POINTS
    And WISH US AL MERRY XMAS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234