+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "snus"

"snus"

Apparently officially sanctioned by managers and club officials, insane.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/s...egal-uk-140166

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Apparently officially sanctioned by managers and club officials, insane.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/s...egal-uk-140166
    Certainly shouldn't be encouraged.

The guy whose Patriots ST I used to have on loan here (I played outdoor footie with him too) had to have treatment for throat cancer (he seems to have made a full recovery, thankfully). Not good.

I think he used more of a raw blend of chewing tobacco (i.e. not in "teabags"), but it is a pretty obnoxious habit (you see a lot of baseball players using it) and I'm always seeing half-filled plastic bottles of the spat out residue chucked along the roadside. Yuck!

Most on here are more familiar with a snooze

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Are you related to KIN.? 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    To be fair, it wasn't until I clicked on WTF's link that I realised it wasn't about that snood thing players liked to wear a couple of seasons or so back.

I think it's called dip here?

Dip or chew. Chew is usually the pouch tobacco. It’s one of the most addictive drugs there is

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Dip or chew. Chew is usually the pouch tobacco. It’s one of the most addictive drugs there is
    And we have professional footballers and their coaches/managers in the senior leagues wiling to either ignore, or even worse, sanction, their use by players. Just what is professional football coming to? Why don't we just go back to having tobacco sponsorship, smoking in the stadia etc etc? Have we learnt absolutely nothing (it would appear so)?

FWIW, and in my always humble opinion, any player using these disgusting products should be banned FOR LIFE, any coach/manager seen to sanction their use when they know it to be so, should face the same sanction. Needs to be stamped out, fast, hard and for ever.
    Last edited by WTF11; 23-11-2023 at 11:21 PM.

It's a tough issue. Athletes are "role models" whether they want to be or not. However, so are politicians, social media influences, singers or entertainers. Go to any social media site and you will se "singers and song writers singing about being women, killing cops, smoking dope or doing drugs etc. A minute search will find you any of these things.

dipping while playing sports hardly falls in the category of the above.

In the end it really should be about your choice what you put in your body. if you smoke, do drugs, lay around watch TV, eat fatty foods or sweets, work in a super stressful jobs or drive anywhere with the idiots out on the road you are shortening your life.

In the end it's all about control. those with power want to take your ability to control your body in everyway they can. They do it in little chunks at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    It's a tough issue. Athletes are "role models" whether they want to be or not. However, so are politicians, social media influences, singers or entertainers. Go to any social media site and you will se "singers and song writers singing about being women, killing cops, smoking dope or doing drugs etc. A minute search will find you any of these things.

dipping while playing sports hardly falls in the category of the above.

In the end it really should be about your choice what you put in your body. if you smoke, do drugs, lay around watch TV, eat fatty foods or sweets, work in a super stressful jobs or drive anywhere with the idiots out on the road you are shortening your life.

In the end it's all about control. those with power want to take your ability to control your body in everyway they can. They do it in little chunks at a time.
    In principle, I agree with the "it's your choice etc", but what I find absolutely staggering is that the previous incarnation of these things, Skoal Bandits, were banned because of direct and demonstrable links with throat and mouth cancers and huge increase in poor oral health generally (gum disease, loss of teeth (and not through any punch in the face for being so stupid as to use these things!), and yet we have a very well paid, very well supported (as in the support they get in terms of nutritional advice, health care generally and in particular that which relates to their performance on the pitch etc.), supposedly intelligent group of athletes, many of world-class standing, willing to run the risk of all those health issues returning, all because of some tenuous, unproven link to them helping with "attention deficit" and/or "chilling out"! Sheer lunacy.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)