+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotherham - v - Leeds United *** Matchday Thread***

Rotherham - v - Leeds United *** Matchday Thread***

Leeds United travel down to the New York Stadium this Friday hoping to pick up their fourth win on the bounce against Rotherham United, and pile pressure on the top two ahead of their games this weekend.

Daniel Farke’s side are back in action after the international break where a less-than-ideal rapid turnaround comes following some midweek fixtures for players and their nations.

Friday sees Leeds take on Yorkshire rivals in managerless Rotherham United, with the chance for four wins in a row and seven in the last eight.

Daniel Farke has a few selection headaches to contend with after the break, with some players back in contention while there is a key setback in attack.

In terms of players that could be back this week, Farke hinted that Djed Spence, Pascal Struijk, Sam Byram, and Jamie Shackleton could all be available to add more depth to the back four.

However, it’s unlikely that we see many changes to the defence that beat Plymouth, with Illan Meslier starting in goal, while Archie Gray keeps his place at right-back, while Joe Rodon and Liam Cooper make up the centre-back partnership. There is a change at left-back with Junior Firpo likely to get his first start with Byram a risk so swiftly after a setback.

In defensive midfield, Ethan Ampadu (like the other Welsh internationals) will have to overcome a swift turnaround from their outing on Tuesday to start, and he’ll surely be partnered by Glen Kamara, who has come into his own in midfield in the past two months.

The attacking trio ‘behind’ the striker should remain the same with Crysencio Summerville adding another trophy to his mantle through the PFA Fans’ Player of the Month, joined by Joel Piroe keeping his spot as a deeper-lying forward, looking far more capable in Leeds’ press against Plymouth and Leicester, with Dan James in fine fettle too.

Up front is where the selection headache comes as Farke confirmed Georginio Rutter is a major doubt for the match and would be assessed late on to decide if he plays, and he said this about Patrick Bamford when considering his qualities to make his first start of the season (via the YEP):

“Yes in general it’s always when a player is not available, a chance for others to shine. Will be a late decision on Georgi, I don’t speak too much on the starting line-up but I trust all my players and my appreciation for Patrick and his experience.

“Proved already on this level how important he can be, good to have him back several weeks in training. He trained on a really good level, I would have no problems [starting him].”

Farke was typically coy on the matter, but does indicate that he could happily start Bamford in attack, giving him a more natural focal point than someone like Willy Gnonto, who would be well worth a shout after four goals in two games for Italy’s U21s.

0 - 3.

MOT.

Turn up and we score 4 or 5. I’m actually in the Rotherham end so I’ll have to keep my gob shut

Rutter playing

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    Turn up and we score 4 or 5. I’m actually in the Rotherham end so I’ll have to keep my gob shut
    Lol. Get inda them!!

Be afraid.....

Coops to blooper and give them a pen......

Sky have built us up nicely, probably in the hope that we get knocked down.

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    Coops to blooper and give them a pen......
    Certainly a goal of some sort.

Textbook Summerville

Any links tonight?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)