+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Villa vs Tottenham

Villa vs Tottenham

Massive match and with Tottenham having loads of injuries we could jump into the top 4. Liverpool or Man city will drop points this week. Im not holding my breath though as the last time I was looking at the table like this we lost against Forest. Ramsey is back in training so this will give us a huge boost and imo is better than Zaniolo and more clinical. I expect Ramsey to come off the bench late on.
    We're crap away from home recently but hears hoping it will change. Next 4 games are enormous.

Big game for sure with the next few fixtures in Dec, we are not crap away, the defeats to Toon & L’pool came early on when we were adapting to injuries and since then a draw at Wolves is a decent result plus Forest have lost twice at home in 20 games. Most teams find it hard to win against a well organised low block and getting the first goal is hugely important.

Spurs at home will be expected to attack us and that will suit Villa, Ramsey has been a big miss but coming back just in time for these big games where he tends to shine.

Let’s not forget that without him, Mings and Moreno that’s all of last season’s left side not playing.

We need spurs to have an off day, with our away form even with injuries and suspensions affecting spurs, I think they will be too strong for us, at best a draw. We have some massive games coming up and this is one of them, spurs, Arsenal City. If we can get 4 points off them I would be delighted!

Konsa RB and Cash RM, gulp.

In Unai, I sort of trust.

Away win, 1-2 to the good guys.

How on earth did we win that?

Riding the wave, Bongo, me auld fruit bat. Riding the wave

We will play better, and lose.

UTFV

Well your prediction was spot on Exiled and I thought the same about the formation. Its the same team as when we played wolves away and looked awful. I don't understand why we don't just play the same,e way as we do at home. Yes we need a right back and you can see the difference in quality with udogie today. Someone like that we need. Ramsey starting will also improve us.

Top 4, lads, that's some effort; well done

Yes zip, I think we are all in shock, bigger tests to come but I tell you what, if the prem league FFP ever pull their finger out and doc points off City, there will be 6 other clubs rubbing their hands...

I was lucky enough to have a ticket in hospitality on Sunday. Despite being surrounded by Spurs supporters and unable to celebrate our goals I had a great view of the match sitting above the middle of the pitch. Really interesting to see the tactics of both teams from there with both managers going for the high press. Crazy to see 20 men squashed up the halfway line with both keepers stranded in acres of space. Clearly Unai got the first half wrong with the formation and we were fortunate to go in all square but I thought the second half was ours. A great win. Our away support were immense. Not sure we can ride these off side tactics all season though. Teams are going to work it out. UTV.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)