+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Lincoln City v Barnsley

Williams needs armband removing he’s having a very poor season and giving away a very clumsy pen after just 5 minutes.

Entertaining that half we need ball to drop for us next period.

Midfield 3 look good together with Luca very good looking as though he hasn’t been away. Styles needs to just wake up a bit.

Adam Jackson the kind of old head you need at CB with a young side. Outstanding this half marshalling them. Spreadsheet take note.

Too many late subs in my opinion.

I have to agree with YN on this one, we didn’t get 3 points here due to Collins!
    Williams does not like being in the middle, he’s more comfortable at his right back position, hopefully now Lopata is back he will play him where he’s best.
    Then he brings on Cosgrove to partner Cole and McAtee and we BATTER the constantly and get 2-1 up, but rather than leaving it and going for the 3rd to kill the game, tinker man takes off McAtee and brings on Phillips to go 442 and consolidate what we had, which put Lincoln on the front foot who then had us on the ropes and eventually conceded the equaliser!
    Surely when you can see that you are so much on top, you leave it for a while? For me he needs to go, he just doesn’t get it, is it because he was a defender so that is his first thought?

There’s no middle ground with Williams, he’s either good or bad and he’s been bad for last few games.
    A little shout for Cosgrove for the second goal, won the ball well in the area and started the move off.
    Does anybody know when Roberts is due back?

The lads worked hard and the commitment can't be questioned and as a result got their noses in front , sheer hard work did that .

The defending from the corner that gave Lincoln the equaliser was horrific and why unless we invest in some real quality in January we won't be getting ourselves out of this league .

Neither of the two Lincoln goals would have been conceded last season and when you score two goals away from home you should be picking up three points .

The subs just didn't work at 2-1 up and allowed Lincoln back in to the game when with some quality on that bench they shouldn't have .

Some real dross recruited and the evidence is clearly visible .

We are a typical league one outfit , we'll have some good days and equally some bad ones .

The recruitment hasn't been good enough in replacing what left the club defensively , it's actually not even close and the league position tells you that .

Recruit defensive dross and you concede in a shocking manner .

You don't need analytics to tell you that .

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    1st Half
    Barnsley having vast majority of play.
    But our back 3 looking disjointed and low on confidence.
    Styles needs bringing off - he isn’t a No 10.
    Connell has to be the best player in League 1.

Pitter patter possession footballl from Barnsley - spreading the ball all over the field - AND GETTING NOWHERE.
    Typical example on 12.5 minutes - pressing forward with plenty of Barnsley players forward on Lincolns 18 yarder - result of that - the ball is passed back to Killip.

The sooner Collins f@@ks off - the better.
    2nd Half
    So then - Styles is dragged off (thankfully) and Cosgrove is brought on.
    We go 343.
    Straight away Lincoln are struggling to cope.
    A few minutes later we are winning 1-2 and cruising.

And then this dumb Barnsley head coach brings the ineffectual Phillips on for McAtee and we again slip back to 352.
    From this Lincoln pile forward and gain a corner that’s not a corner.
    Result - 2-2.

Effort is there amongst the Barnsley players - but the tactics arn’t.
    These Barnsley players are head and shoulders above players from other teams.
    But we continue to struggle.
    It’s abysmal.
    And it will remain abysmal until this useless HC leaves the building.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I have to agree with YN on this one, we didn’t get 3 points here due to Collins!
    Williams does not like being in the middle, he’s more comfortable at his right back position, hopefully now Lopata is back he will play him where he’s best.
    Then he brings on Cosgrove to partner Cole and McAtee and we BATTER the constantly and get 2-1 up, but rather than leaving it and going for the 3rd to kill the game, tinker man takes off McAtee and brings on Phillips to go 442 and consolidate what we had, which put Lincoln on the front foot who then had us on the ropes and eventually conceded the equaliser!
    Surely when you can see that you are so much on top, you leave it for a while? For me he needs to go, he just doesn’t get it, is it because he was a defender so that is his first thought?
    In my opinion if Collins makes the changes because players have run their race such as Luca then he's on a hiding to nothing with the lack of quality coming off the bench .

If it's tactical and attempting to see the game out then he's dead in the water as a HC because we were comfortable at 2-1 with Lincoln totally out of ideas .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    In my opinion if Collins makes the changes because players have run their race such as Luca then he's on a hiding to nothing with the lack of quality coming off the bench .

If it's tactical and attempting to see the game out then he's dead in the water as a HC because we were comfortable at 2-1 with Lincoln totally out of ideas .
    Nearly every player on our bench would be in the starting lineup of most if not all of other 1st Division teams.
    We have the technical ability.
    We have the effort.
    We do NOT have the tactics.

And when on occasions we see Collins accidentally getting the tactics right - he soon reverts back to what he’s been told while sat behind a desk at a coaching school.

Nearly every player on our bench would be in the starting lineup of most if not all of other 1st Division teams..
    Not too sure about that one Nudge. Would today's bench of Flavell, Lopata, Dodgson, Russell, Phillips, Cosgrove,Jalo really walk into the starting line ups of Bolton, Portsmouth, Derby, Peterborough ?

May be a bit of a stretch that one.

Nearly every player on our bench would be in the starting lineup of most if not all of other 1st Division teams.
    We have the technical ability.
    We have the effort.
    We do NOT have the tactics.

And when on occasions we see Collins accidentally getting the tactics right - he soon reverts back to what he’s been told while sat behind a desk at a coaching school.
    Tactics aren't anything to do with your right sided central defender rushing in to a challenge just inside the penalty area he doesn't have to make .

Tactics aren't at play when your keeper is rooted to his line from a corner , the defenders are ball watching and the Lincoln lad gets two touches before finishing it .

Tactics aren't anything to do with your right wing back trying to cut inside every single time and losing the ball consistently up the pitch .

Or Russell wouldn't beat me over the first five yards in a game and I'm 61 years old with arthritis in my knee .

Pep wouldn't get much more out of some of this dross and I never even mentioned McCarthorse or Cosgrove .

Absolute dross .

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast