+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Lincoln City v Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I totally agree with what’s been said, however we HAVE an experienced older head for the defence CUNDY! I don’t know how bad his injury was to be fair, but it’s taking so long for him to come back I’m assuming both legs must have been taken off in a horrible accident and they are taking a bit of healing after sewing them back on!!!!! Players with cruciate ligament injuries have come back quicker than him.
    The problem is, I don't think Cundy's the answer Perky. He's getting experienced in years of age but he hasn't had much time on the pitch to gain playing experience. When he has played for us, which isn't often he's had mixed performances. Now maybe that's due to lack of being in the team on a consistent basis but I'm afraid the jury's still out on Cundy from my point of view. Plus if this injury goes on for much longer we won't see much of him in the next half of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    It’s NOT the players.
    It’s the tactics employed by the coach.

For example - we haven’t seen a proper high press this season - and neither have we seen things like 3 centre backs stood on the halfway line - or long diagonal passing from the wingbacks.

Collins has changed the culture - and it’s failed miserably.
    I've seen a limited number of games this season. However, the defence has been shocking. For me, Williams should not be one of the centre 3. He's a wing back. The young lads that have been thrown into the defence have done their best but they need direction, leadership and the confidence of having an older experienced player alongside them. Collins' tactics have been questionable, particular in terms of substitutions and how he changes the formation but also sometimes how he sets up and the personnel he employs i.e. Williams as one of the 3 centre halves. However, the fact remains that the defence is too inexperienced and needs time to settle, and would settle much quicker with an older head alongside them. Just my opinion.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456