+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The lull before the storm

The lull before the storm

It's quiet on here tonight, i assume everyone is a tad apprehensive like me hoping that things will improve. Not a bit like last season and the unbridled optimism. UTC!

Agree Chris, sadly for me zero confidence. Be more positive if Lyle was playing, but he ain’t so don’t see us scoring 3 goals to win this

Quote Originally Posted by wmdave_b View Post
    Agree Chris, sadly for me zero confidence. Be more positive if Lyle was playing, but he ain’t so don’t see us scoring 3 goals to win this
    Hope I’m right but I
    Think a 1-0 to us is on the cards

Alan Pace clearly thinks he has the right man for the job. Word is he thinks VK will take us back up as soon as we go down. That's a high risk strategy but it's now obvious Pace is sticking with Kompany.

I admire his resolve.

Just to lighten the mood, my youngest son met some Wet spam supporters on holiday in Ibiza a few years back. Their friendship has continued and they meet up whenever the Hammers play the Clarets. They are meeting today for pre-match drinks at the cricket club and genuinely believe Burnley will win today.

They are not happy with Alan Pace though for "lifting their trousers" when he sold them Cornet.

I was sad to lose Cornet, he was like a breath of fresh air but his sale was a blessing in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    It's quiet on here tonight, i assume everyone is a tad apprehensive like me hoping that things will improve. Not a bit like last season and the unbridled optimism. UTC!
    For whatever reason Chris it's always quiet on a Friday night, I've always assumed it was because most of us had gone to the pub, but maybe there are other reasons.

7 straight home defeats isn't good enough by anyones standards, and it's quite evident that the project is failing. Time for the Bolton fire fighter to come to the rescue, BFS before the January window opens. Give him the season and then keep him on as a DOF
    The rot as got to stop and Kompany is looking way out of his depth

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    7 straight home defeats isn't good enough by anyones standards, and it's quite evident that the project is failing. Time for the Bolton fire fighter to come to the rescue, BFS before the January window opens. Give him the season and then keep him on as a DOF
    The rot as got to stop and Kompany is looking way out of his depth
    getting shut of VK is a big mistake IMO. These are his players, his plan - they are playing for him. Get shut of him, and I think the ones we wanna keep will walk in the next transfer window.

If Vitinho is a right back I'm a ******* Christmas tree. I honestly do not think he's up for the job but then you look at Amdouni, Koleosho, Berge, Beyer, Al-Dakhil and the young Ramsey and then I think perhaps he does.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If Vitinho is a right back I'm a ******* Christmas tree. I honestly do not think he's up for the job but then you look at Amdouni, Koleosho, Berge, Beyer, Al-Dakhil and the young Ramsey and then I think perhaps he does.
    Not sure I understood your post BT. Are you still unhappy with Berge? I thought he did a good job tonight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)