+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. AFC Wimbledon 25.11.23 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by notts27county View Post
    Well he isn’t is he
    Well yes he is, Rawlo is to slow and gets caught out with the ball over the top or he doesn’t close down quick enough, he also looks totally knackered after 70 minutes. Brindley also stands off to much often looks lethargic and hardly ever makes a forward pass and Cameron is ok going forward but not great at defending and falls over far to much trying to buy a free kick.
    Baldwin does make the odd mistake but is better than those three in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Well yes he is, Rawlo is to slow and gets caught out with the ball over the top or he doesn’t close down quick enough, he also looks totally knackered after 70 minutes. Brindley also stands off to much often looks lethargic and hardly ever makes a forward pass and Cameron is ok going forward but not great at defending and falls over far to much trying to buy a free kick.
    Agree with that Baldwin is our best defender and then probably Cameron(although he’s not a fans favourite) Brindley could be a decent defender,possibly his style but seems casual and doesn’t seem to want it enough.
    Macari has done well for us but isn’t quick and not tall enough to be a centre back - I think he will be a decent full back in a back 4 where he has played over the last few years

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Agree with that Baldwin is our best defender and then probably Cameron(although he’s not a fans favourite) Brindley could be a decent defender,possibly his style but seems casual and doesn’t seem to want it enough.
    Macari has done well for us but isn’t quick and not tall enough to be a centre back - I think he will be a decent full back in a back 4 where he has played over the last few years
    Chicksen is our best defender. The only one with the vision or picture of the game in his head, he’s a level above anything else we have at the back, as a LB. Brindley is a good right back, and the others satisfactory CB’s. Cameron and Rawlo are capable CB’s. Baldwin is probably the only one capable of playing like LW wants us to in a back three as RCB or CB.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Not even a contest, Baldwin is a much better defender than all those 3 but he drops the odd clanger over playing.

Macari
    Baldwin
    Chicksen

Best 3 defenders for the back 3 imo

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I think people that are having a rant, after today, need to take a close look at the table. We are TWO points behind Mansfield who have lost their first game today.
    If we are so poor, just imagine where we can be with the right signings in the transfer window.
    I know I will now get the usual happy clapper nonsense from those moaning, who really care for the club 😊
    Don't be so reasonable. The reaction to yesterday is quite embarrassing...

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Don't be so reasonable. The reaction to yesterday is quite embarrassing...
    Perhaps the reactions to the match are due to hopes and expectations, at the start of the season, promotion was merely a hope, after 15 matches, promotion became an expectation! So now losing a match is much harder to take.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Perhaps the reactions to the match are due to hopes and expectations, at the start of the season, promotion was merely a hope, after 15 matches, promotion became an expectation! So now losing a match is much harder to take.
    The players’ stated expectation is promotion.

Well of course as it should be for all players in the EFL at the start of every season.

Fans expectations is an interesting subject, especially when viewed alongside appreciation. I see it as a sliding scale where some fans expectations are greater than their appreciation, probably due to the unexpectedly fantastic start to the season thanks in part to a kind looking fixture schedule.

Others will concentrate more on the appreciation of what has already been achieved and their expectations and demands may drop a little as a result.

Two different ways of looking at basically same thing.

Success is what all fans want but success can be a poisoned chalice as you strive for more and more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Yes we have a budget and it is good to try and stick to it. However, it appears that we are still going to be spending that same money now to bring in replacements when half the season will be gone. I fear, however, that the price will be much higher because clubs, agents and players will know how much we really need them. The only plus is that we have had more time to make the analyses so my expectations are raised.
    We dont really know what we are going to spend it might be loans or short term deals.

Most clubs at this level need to stick to a budget and also there is FFP rules too.

Going off the fans forum it was hinted we'd be back in the market for players, this might be because our gates are higher than expected.

We have had two tv games and earned money getting to 2nd round of the cup which adds up.

I agree we could do with a few new players but they have to be right and good enough to get in the first team.

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast