+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: Nathan Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    What does that say about the man?
    To me it says quite a lot about him. He could have easily taken the RUFC job/money despite knowing deep down it wasn't right for him. I was out of work once and took a job knowing it wasn't right for me but knowing I had a mortgage to pay and kids to feed. 3 months later (from a job I'd applied to around the same time as the one I took) I got a better offer and took it which left me feeling like crap towards the people who had put their faith in me.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    To me it says quite a lot about him. He could have easily taken the RUFC job/money despite knowing deep down it wasn't right for him. I was out of work once and took a job knowing it wasn't right for me but knowing I had a mortgage to pay and kids to feed. 3 months later (from a job I'd applied to around the same time as the one I took) I got a better offer and took it which left me feeling like crap towards the people who had put their faith in me.
    Had your previous jobs made you redundant with relatively large payouts for failure, which offered you a safety net to allow you to ‘pick n choose your next appointment?
    I suspect not.

I ve been expecting Charlton to be front runners in League 1 for about 4 seasons. In fact their progressive failures never cease to amaze me given their support level and stadium etc.. I guess it has to turn around one day but the NJ appointment is still a surprise. I would have thought Swansea,Huddersfield or any other Championship club would have been more for him.Having said that,taking a job with such potential for growth can be very attractive.IF Charlton have bottomed out then he gets the credit for everything upwards.Taking the Millers job would not have offered this.

Right job, right time. Isn't that what they always say?

Thing is just never know,at the end of his first “part” season in charge I had thoughts/visions that MT would be around over seeing a few season steady seasons in the championship….

I dare say john eustace thought he’d cracked at Birmingham too then had carpet pulled from beneath him and make way for Rooney tunes..!.

Summing up it’s an industry like no other..!.

He's no mug is he? He would have been on a hiding to nothing with us. The outfield players on the pitch on Saturday would struggle in league 2 never mind the Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    He's no mug is he? He would have been on a hiding to nothing with us. The outfield players on the pitch on Saturday would struggle in league 2 never mind the Championship
    Positive as ever, being so cheerful kerp you going ?

I think i will be bitter and twisted about this, I hope he fails and gets the sack after Charlton lose 3-0 at the NYS next season. He messed us around, like some others, you never know if LR had joined a couple of games earlier we might have got a few more points, I understand why he turned us down but I don't have to be happy about the way it all played out.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I think i will be bitter and twisted about this, I hope he fails and gets the sack after Charlton lose 3-0 at the NYS next season. He messed us around, like some others, you never know if LR had joined a couple of games earlier we might have got a few more points, I understand why he turned us down but I don't have to be happy about the way it all played out.
    He messed us around?

Maybe we messed him around?

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    Had your previous jobs made you redundant with relatively large payouts for failure, which offered you a safety net to allow you to ‘pick n choose your next appointment?
    I suspect not.
    True, but I'm not sure why him having financial security should persuade him to take a job that he didn't feel right about just because the fans wanted him to. We would have been quick to accuse him of doing a 'Jackett' if he'd realised he'd made a mistake and walked away after 5 games and left us facing a transfer window with no manager.

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast