+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not football related, but…

Not football related, but…

When would you swallow your pride and use a foodbank ?
    After you cancel your Sky subscription

After you stop using your latest mobile phone contract

After you stop using deliveroo / just eat

When you stop buying kids the latest gimmicks/ clothes/trainers

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post

Guy getting interviewed on reporting scotland last week at a foobank in dundee , that I knew from a few years ago, he was saying how it was ***** for him to feed himself etc, he worked offshore for over 30 years , some folk have no shame

I think everyone can see the price rises especially for food these days so if you are on a particular budget it would probably lead to the need for help in the form of a foodbank.I get there is a lot of abuse of this I have saw it myself but there will also be plenty families with no sky,mobile etc who are just trying to survive.
    The cash for kids charity in dundee has already thousands of fowk asking for help with christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    I think everyone can see the price rises especially for food these days so if you are on a particular budget it would probably lead to the need for help in the form of a foodbank.I get there is a lot of abuse of this I have saw it myself but there will also be plenty families with no sky,mobile etc who are just trying to survive.
    The cash for kids charity in dundee has already thousands of fowk asking for help with christmas.
    I know somebody who is Deputy Head at a primary school in Dundee, married and both earning with three school age kids. She got help from Cash For Kids and from Charlie Kean one Christmas as well as getting food from food banks. Nobody's telling me a Deputy Head Teacher, with a working husband (not sure what he was doing at the time) needed any of that. If there's a system there to allocate to people in genuine need, and I hope there is, it needs fixed urgently because genuinely deserving people will go without whilst scroungers like that take the lot.

There is a big difference between NEEDING and CHOOSING to use foodbanks there is a benefit system in this country that gives enough for people to live off, if they choose spend it else where then that’s their problem, I don’t know one person that genuinely has to use a foodbank

There is a big difference between NEEDING and CHOOSING to use foodbanks there is a benefit system in this country that gives enough for people to live off, if they choose spend it else where then that’s their problem, I don’t know one person that genuinely has to use a foodbank
    I doubt many would want to broadcast the need to use a food bank.If you are on benefits but the cost of living increases many will have a problem.
    I have saw on the news individuals stating they either heat or eat,now I doubt anyone would want to lie about that.
    I don't think I know anyone who uses a food bank but I may well do and it's sad that some people do.
    I certainly won't judge anyone using them if they are struggling.
    Unfortunately they seem to get abused.

Benefits claimants and pensioners are the two categories that have been insulated against inflation by the increased they have received.

Public sector not far behind.

Private sector further Doon the list.

Those with savings hammered by inflation.

I doubt many would want to broadcast the need to use a food bank.If you are on benefits but the cost of living increases many will have a problem.
    I have saw on the news individuals stating they either heat or eat,now I doubt anyone would want to lie about that.
    I don't think I know anyone who uses a food bank but I may well do and it's sad that some people do.
    I certainly won't judge anyone using them if they are struggling.
    Unfortunately they seem to get abused.
    The people themselves don’t broadcast it, for obvious reasons, but the folk that run them like to, people are using them so they can spend money else where, shops are closing all over our city but barbers and take aways are booming, great money to be made delivering food that’s how we can’t get a taxi these days, no doubt there are some genuine cases out there, but there is plenty work out there, Royal Mail can’t get folk in, and there are plenty that are in that won’t take a full time position, why can this be

I’ve seen these people on tv as well, the question I always ask myself, who paid for they tattoos

I’ve seen these people on tv as well, the question I always ask myself, who paid for they tattoos
    Come on J you aren't gonna choose to go on TV if no genuine.
    Fowks circumstances change,some do abuse the system,some are struggling.
    The Tories are allegedly starting to get tough with the non workers who are capable, believe it when I see it though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)