+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday thread: Port Vale v Rams

Wrist slashers where are you now

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Whale oil beef hooked! John-Jules he shoots he scores!! Another 3 pts and now we are only 6 pts off the top 2, looking good!!
    Yes it is...and we suddenly have a better GD than second placed Portsmouth too.
    Sounds deserved...last season we went there about two months later in the season, won by a late goal and finished the night in fourth. It was about as good as it got. Pity we have another blank Saturday coming up, but if we can continue to build like this and strengthen properly in January then who knows? Credit where it’s due.

Another good result. Not far adrift of the top 2 which could easily be caught up if we can keep the run going. Things looking brighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Wrist slashers where are you now
    Dead I'd guess?

If John-Jules can just keep fit, from reports his goal was his first touch, which indicates he is an instinctive finisher. Fingers crossed he keeps fit and the gamble of getting him on loan pays off, mind you if he only plays another dozen games and scores in each he would still be a good acquisition!!

I'm sure there will be more bumps in the road and tinternet idiots keep moaning about Warne, but hey we have hope and generally I'd rather be getting into a run of form now than earlier.

Strange view of this one. Saw last 5 of the 1st half while taxiing to the gate at Schiphol. Missed the start of the 2nd in queues. Watched on my phone from about 55 minutes waiting for my luggage. Not the world's best reception. We won. JJ came on and scored with his 1st touch. If he can stay fit he might just prove worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Dead I'd guess?

If John-Jules can just keep fit, from reports his goal was his first touch, which indicates he is an instinctive finisher. Fingers crossed he keeps fit and the gamble of getting him on loan pays off, mind you if he only plays another dozen games and scores in each he would still be a good acquisition!!

I'm sure there will be more bumps in the road and tinternet idiots keep moaning about Warne, but hey we have hope and generally I'd rather be getting into a run of form now than earlier.
    Now don’t be getting cocky, Swale. Not sure who the ‘tinternet idiots’ are that you refer to...but four wins on the bounce doesn’t make a season.
    It may be that you’re being proved right and wouldn’t that be lovely? But we’ve been here before. Last season we saw a run start about this time of year that carried on, just about, till the end of Jan...and then we all know what happened.
    Hopefully you’ll be proved right and Warne will have learned his lesson from last January and be able to strengthen properly in the forthcoming window with what we need i.e. striker, midfield enforcer and leader.
    Fingers crossed indeed, then we’ll all be smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Now don’t be getting cocky, Swale. Not sure who the ‘tinternet idiots’ are that you refer to...but four wins on the bounce doesn’t make a season.
    It may be that you’re being proved right and wouldn’t that be lovely? But we’ve been here before. Last season we saw a run start about this time of year that carried on, just about, till the end of Jan...and then we all know what happened.
    Hopefully you’ll be proved right and Warne will have learned his lesson from last January and be able to strengthen properly in the forthcoming window with what we need i.e. striker, midfield enforcer and leader.
    Fingers crossed indeed, then we’ll all be smiling.
    He's halfway there having admitted he got it wrong last season...

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    He's halfway there having admitted he got it wrong last season...
    Absolutely...and he’s already implied that this January we’ll be dealing in loans rather than permanent signing although I appreciate that it’s all a game and managers don’t always say what they mean...shock horror!
    Be gutted if he cashes in on Cashin though.

I won't, don't see him as the wonder kid or irreplaceable, and those funds could be better used.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    I won't, don't see him as the wonder kid or irreplaceable, and those funds could be better used.
    He is, indeed, not a wonder kid but he's a damned good L1/SBC defender. IMO, the PL would be a step too far for him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)