+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sutton

Sutton

I'll be there tomorrow courtesy of friends in Sus***. Don't know how many others will make it.
    Have heard no injury news but CBR was hobbling for a while before coming off on Saturday. Tracey also came in for some punishment. How long is Tabiner out for?
    We're going with a friend who sees one game a year and is intrigued by the number of goals being scored. Just hope the Alex don't let us down.
    Chancing a 2-1 win prediction.🤞

Wouldn't be surprised to see Nev start in this one

This is definitely one of those games where we have struggled in the past

Really think we can win this one - going for a comfortable 3-1

Nev to score all three ...

Well Nev started but went off injured with2 minutes to go.
    I would have changed him for Rowe at least 20 minutes earlier.
    It was perhaps the Alex's weakest performance of the season. They over-relied on playing around them and seemed to want to do it through Tracey all the time. However with the slow build up from the back Sutton were never really pulled out of position and so there were constantly 2 on him. Rio was excellent and under-utilised - and bringing on Rowe to occasionally operate down the same side might have stretched them a bit but it didn't happen.
    I thought White had an even worse game than Saturday, not that he was terrible but he did give the ball away a lot.
    I'm convinced CBR is marked man amongst referees. Tonight he was effectively rugby tackled on the half way line and yet the free kick went the other way. This also led to yellow cards for Cooney and Lee Bell as they expressed their disbelief at the decision. Earlier CBR has risen to meet the flight of the ball only to receive a blatant arms length push in the back just before contact. The 'didn't see it'.
    CBR's goal was well worked and executed but their equaliser was another sloppy one after, once again not clearing their lines.
    So a pretty poor and disappointing game but I suppose the Alex are allowed a couple.

Cheers gazan - hopefully at the end of the season that turns out to be a point won, rather than two lost (?)

Just hope that Nev injury isn't too bad