+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Wycombe Wanderers

Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Wycombe Wanderers

Never easy against Wycombe , like to put it about a bit , play the referee and generally shyte house their opponents and I expect nowt different tomorrow night .

I think Cosgrove might come in to Collins thinking up top to give us at least a bit more presence but then again who knows what Collins thinks at times .

Our back 3 will get bullied if they’re the Wycombe of previous seasons.

Tough test for those guys and if the full backs go awol up the park like they do we could be in real trouble.

Challenging night I think

Horrible team to play, but Ainsworth isn’t there now and Bloomfield isn’t pulling up any trees there this season, probably because he’s changed their style of play?
    They haven’t won in their last 5 games, lost 3 Drew 2 so they won’t be looking forward to coming to jokewell on a cold Tuesday night!

As Perks sez the Wycombe of old are not quite the same without Gareth Ainsworth but they are still only six points behind us despite being in 13th place in the table.
    It's a very long time since we have won if we don't score first so, yet again, that first goal is important. Confidence seems a bit fragile, particularly in our defence, where, if Wycombe put a bit of pressure on they will score at least two.

Duff was up and running this time last season with a settled side and a series of 2-0 wins at home. We've only won one in the last five and need to put in a run with clean sheets together.

Go Well Neill and Jon's Men's Team.

It has been said earlier in this thread that the first goal is key & I agree , cutting out penalties & silly free kicks would be a big help especially early in the game where we regularly hand the initiative to our opponents , a little more patience with the wing backs playing less of a high line might help, but I am no coach it is just an opinion but if we can keep it tighter as a total defensive unit & I mean defending from the front from the off then I think we can win a predictable tight game by the odd goal , we will see.

It would help if our captain marvel cut out some of his mistakes and then perhaps the new young lads may come in for less criticism.

He says the dynamic of experienced players working alongside younger ones remains an interesting one – even if he has graduated to being the teacher himself.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 28-11-2023 at 11:32 AM.

Name:  IMG_8475.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  18.1 KB

REDS: Killip (GK), Cotter, Williams (c), de Gevigney, McCart, Cadden, Kane, Connell, Styles, Cole, McAtee.

Subs: Flavell (GK), O'Keeffe, Łopata, Russell, Phillips, Cosgrove, Jaló.

WYCOMBE: Stryjek (GK), Scowen (c), Forino, Tafazolli, Wheeler, Breckin, Boyes, Low, Taylor, Phillips, Pattenden.

Subs: Ravazzoli (GK), Jacobson, Keogh, Sadlier, De Barr, Taylor, McCleary.

Unchanged .

Just turned it off , can't watch that tripe I really can't , whether it comes back to bite me I couldn't say .

It's shocking! Killip has just come out and caught a cross brilliantly all the reds sprinted off to catch them on the break so he decides not to throw it and let all the Wycombe players get back!
    Absolutely no atmosphere in the ground, passing is awful.
    I never thought I would say this but we could do with Russell putting his foot on the ball in Midfield.

This first half was like watching the fire go out
    Our lack of quality in certain areas is there for all to see
    We could play till midnight and not score
    Atmosphere is abysmal
    Ffs lads sort it out 2nd half please

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast