+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ian Maatsen

Ian Maatsen

Poch wants to ship him out in January, should we have another go at signing him ? I think not, he's turned us down once, feck him, I wouldn't give him the chance to do it twice.

I doubt he will be on our radar, I seem to recall he said he didn't want to sign for Burnley.

He wants to play in the EPL. We need a nippy left back.

No brainer. Sign him on.

Attachment 25285

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    He wants to play in the EPL. We need a nippy left back.

No brainer. Sign him on.

Attachment 25285
    Don't be silly. You can't sign on a player who doesn't want to sign for us. Why would he sign for us now when he wouldn't three months ago ?

Let him try to rebuild his career elsewhere, he had his chance to come here but specifically said that he did not want to come, if the reports are correct.
    He also knows that, like Wout, unless he is playing at the top level somewhere he is not going to be selected for Holland.

Most alarming for young Ian I would say, is that Poch has had a good look at him and isn't particularly impressed with what he's seen. No doubt he can have a good career in the game, but not right at the very top, which is obviously where he thinks he belongs. But he doesn't, ask Poch.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Don't be silly. You can't sign on a player who doesn't want to sign for us. Why would he sign for us now when he wouldn't three months ago ?
    Circumstances change when reality kicks in.

The only way Maatsen can show how good he is, is to play regularly in the EPL.

Bite your lip Ian and let's sign him on.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Most alarming for young Ian I would say, is that Poch has had a good look at him and isn't particularly impressed with what he's seen. No doubt he can have a good career in the game, but not right at the very top, which is obviously where he thinks he belongs. But he doesn't, ask Poch.
    Having watched the Toon reserves destroy Chelsea at the weekend, I'm not at all sure Pochettino is the new soccer messiah.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Circumstances change when reality kicks in.

The only way Maatsen can show how good he is, is to play regularly in the EPL.

Bite your lip Ian and let's sign him on.
    What will happen if we did - drop Taylor again and lose the only one who can deal with the physicality and head balls.

We’re in it up to our necks and we can debate as long as anyone wants - even if maatsen did come, no guarantees he’d have the impact he did last year. ( personally I think Poch is wrong the lad has everything) but it might not work in a broken team anyway.

Said before we need a worldly centre back and an aggressive athletic midfielder and a mobile target man to bring Amdouni into play higher up the field.

We have a wealth of wide men and yet we still
    Persist with playing all our football in front of the oppositions back 4 - ( Amdouni makes runs but doesn’t get the ball ) koleosho runs and goes at teams but others dont get beyond to trouble defences.

Now I’ve said all that it kind of comes back To VK and how we set up to play , the balance is losing by alot every game - but that’s happening now anyway.

We simply have to win on Saturday and we can’t rely on penalties to win games so let’s see how we set up in a must win game.

You know you're in trouble when you're talking about must win games and it's not even December.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)