+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How come Wayne Carlisle doesn't know what's happening?

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    This might very well be the case.
    If it is NJ then he’s been out of work for quite a while now and his preferred team will have sought pastures new
    I have mixed feelings about this.
    There could be some benefits in that the coaches should know players' individual strengths and weaknesses but they may also have strongly held unhealthy and preconceived views about some people.
    Personally I hope we clear the decks and let the new manager bring in his own people to alliow them to make their own minds up about the current squad and what is needed for the future.
    I also hope the new manager recalls Kioso and McCart to assess them and gives Bola a chance to show whether he can play a part in the second half of the season.
    He might not think any of them are what he needs but they are our players and we do have something of an injury crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    so he is a liar then?
    No he isn't a lair , he is just playing his cards close to his chest .. he will have been told and told not to tell the press ..people are making a mountain out of a mole hill .. same as Tony going away for a few days .. so what .. he will have been working on his holidays not laying by the pool with a cocktail. With a cherry and a umbrella in it..

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    DM, is it possible Wayne isn't well versed in conducting interviews so didn’t know what to say. All probably completely innocent and IBS and yourself are simply looking too deep into it?
    Isn`t that IBS`s reason for living ?

Quote Originally Posted by DonPageFanClub View Post
    No he isn't a lair , he is just playing his cards close to his chest .. he will have been told and told not to tell the press ..people are making a mountain out of a mole hill .. same as Tony going away for a few days .. so what .. he will have been working on his holidays not laying by the pool with a cocktail. With a cherry and a umbrella in it..
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    DM, is it possible Wayne isn't well versed in conducting interviews so didn’t know what to say. All probably completely innocent and IBS and yourself are simply looking too deep into it?
    If someone is well coached in media duties they would probably say what WC did ie nothing of note
    Once someone starts to elaborate and waffle then the cuter journalists will be all over it and either make things up or start probing

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this.
    There could be some benefits in that the coaches should know players' individual strengths and weaknesses but they may also have strongly held unhealthy and preconceived views about some people.
    Personally I hope we clear the decks and let the new manager bring in his own people to alliow them to make their own minds up about the current squad and what is needed for the future.
    I also hope the new manager recalls Kioso and McCart to assess them and gives Bola a chance to show whether he can play a part in the second half of the season.
    He might not think any of them are what he needs but they are our players and we do have something of an injury crisis.
    Yes fair points. It’s a conundrum
    If NJ does join us then he will know Kioso very well from his time at Luton. He let him go but maybe he just had much better players in his position at that time

First thing we need in Jan are some FB,s who are defenders, not wing backs or converted CH,s. All team are targeting these areas because they know it’s rich pickings.
    I’m not Nathan Jones or the new Manager tba though so what do I know

Fair enough, but you have no idea what TS did or did not do on his holidays, the point is it looks bad sacking your manager then going on holiday and taking over two weeks to appoint a new one. Being we are now told we might not have a new manager in before Birmingham that would mean 10% of the remaining matches have gone with the team having no real leadership.

Well he obviously didn't go clothes shopping when he was away!

Stop talking sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12