+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: End of An Era For Me

End of An Era For Me

For those that know me. It is with heavy heart that I have to end my stewarding duties due to an health condition. I've been a steward for 39 years and at both grounds, I've worked in all stands and the last 8 years I've been at the side of the away dugout. I'm getting the half season card so I'll still be going down to support the lads. It will seem very different at the start. It's been hard at times not to join in the goal celebrations especially the Boreham Wood semi final, don't know how I kept cool in that one. Now I can celebrate with others. Anyway best wishes to all and let's have a good season.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    For those that know me. It is with heavy heart that I have to end my stewarding duties due to an health condition. I've been a steward for 39 years and at both grounds, I've worked in all stands and the last 8 years I've been at the side of the away dugout. I'm getting the half season card so I'll still be going down to support the lads. It will seem very different at the start. It's been hard at times not to join in the goal celebrations especially the Boreham Wood semi final, don't know how I kept cool in that one. Now I can celebrate with others. Anyway best wishes to all and let's have a good season.
    Thanks for all your work over the years. It must be an utterly thankless task at times, but one that's absolutely ***** to keeping everyone safe. And also in helping first timers and occasional fans find their seats... I wrote something in another thread about how if you're used to football, football grounds feel normal and safe, but that if you're not, it can be a strange, confusing and intimidating place. Stewards really help with that. First time I came to a Notts game I showed a steward my ticket to get pointed in the right direction, and that initial help and friendly welcome makes a difference.

Hope the health condition isn't too bad/improves, and enjoy the not having to keep your cool!

Sorry to hear that G2BAP, all the best with your health issue and take care.

Thanks for your outstanding service Glad2BeAPie. I hope your health issues improve and that you thoroughly enjoy being a regular fan again. Without people like you, football matches don't take place in safety.

Did you post on here under the username steward?

Health
    Family
    Football

Never understood the abuse of stewards. Enjoy being a full fan again and seeing more of the entertainment on display at the lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Did you post on here under the username steward?
    Yes had to re register because it wouldn't accept my log in details. That's a few years ago

My brother Gary knows you and speaks to you when you are at your ' day job '. Thank you for your great service and good luck for the future 👍👍 👍

I don't know you, but I must have seen you hundreds of times because my seat is half way up the DP stand behind the away dugout. It's good to see you'll be settling on the proper side of the Trent! I used to work with 3 blokes who were stewards at Notts, so you probably came across them. Don't want to name them on here, so I'll send you a PM later.

Sorry to hear about your health problems. I hope you can find some comfort in enjoying the games though!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast