+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Football only from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    You’ll have your hands full BT with that lot - speaking from experience my last run in with them was for my mother in laws neighbour insisting that my in law was ruining the road to
    The houses by driving over a corner- it took several hours of video and me explaining that my in laws own the road and can do exactly as they like driving up and down- it took along time for them to grasp that - you’d think they would check first wouldnt you but no - easier to upset a 76 year old lady and waste everyone’s time.

Like I say full resources thrown at that situation while drugs were being sold and violence and abuse were all going on in town - this was far more important
    It started a long time ago Army.My father used to have a yard in Bolton which was broken into and the scroats broke all the windows of the trucks and stole tools out of the garage.My father went over as the alarm went off and by the time he arrived they had all gone.He reported it to the filth and they told him they were very busy but they will send an officer over as soon as they can.Three days later plod came and after being shown the damage and where the scroats had broken in my father was told he had better get the broken glass removed that was cemented to the top of the perimeter walls as it could cause serious injury to anybody wanting to burgle him in the future.That was nearly 20 years ago so god only knows what it is like now.

Two World Wars were fought to defend freedom including freedom of speech. Somebody accused me of being racist a few years ago. I showed him the photo of my wife on my phone. She is black and Ghanaian. That shut him up. BT has my sympathies and my support. I criticise people for what they do, not for what they are

Quote Originally Posted by chastenor View Post
    Two World Wars were fought to defend freedom including freedom of speech. Somebody accused me of being racist a few years ago. I showed him the photo of my wife on my phone. She is black and Ghanaian. That shut him up. BT has my sympathies and my support. I criticise people for what they do, not for what they are
    Our top poster and mod Altobelli who passed away a couple of years ago was married to a black lady,but it didn't stop him from telling a few truths 😀..Sadly missed 😢

Happily we do not chuck bananas and howl monkey chants at football players on here either physically or metaphorically.

However I really do not like Garth Crooks, he is deliberately provocative, his antagonism towards Burnley Football Club knows no bounds, for me he is the black version of Piers Morgan, another person I have absolutely no time for.

Salutary lesson for all of us, BT. What is private these days? Big Brother is watching us all, monitoring what we think and say.

A revolution against the status quo was never started by a rape, a theft. It was started on many occasions by thought and speech. They are far more dangerous to Big Brother.

So, thought and speech are controlled, suppressed and, in the worst case scenario, the “guilty person” is eliminated.

It is all around us. Control the media and you control the people. The message. You are either “on message” or you are silenced. Media is now dominated by social media. That is monitored, scrutinised, in a manner where context has no relevance. Humour has no relevance. Satire is not acceptable - unless it is directed at the enemies of Big Brother.

This the world that our children and grandchildren are growing up in. To me that is a sad, sad thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    Salutary lesson for all of us, BT. What is private these days? Big Brother is watching us all, monitoring what we think and say.

A revolution against the status quo was never started by a rape, a theft. It was started on many occasions by thought and speech. They are far more dangerous to Big Brother.

So, thought and speech are controlled, suppressed and, in the worst case scenario, the “guilty person” is eliminated.

It is all around us. Control the media and you control the people. The message. You are either “on message” or you are silenced. Media is now dominated by social media. That is monitored, scrutinised, in a manner where context has no relevance. Humour has no relevance. Satire is not acceptable - unless it is directed at the enemies of Big Brother.

This the world that our children and grandchildren are growing up in. To me that is a sad, sad thought.
    When two fully uniformed policemen arrived at my front door at eight o'clock on a very cold winter's morning I honestly thought someone in our family had been in an accident or died.

My pessimistic reaction gave way to astonishment when I discovered the true reason for their visit was to talk about my reference on a footy forum to a BBC football analysist.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)