+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T R.I.P. Shane MacGowan

Quote Originally Posted by poddington View Post
    No travesty in my eyes. It was kept off the top spot by arguably the best cover version ever made, in my humble opinion of course.
    That said, he was a talented songwriter and it’s sad to hear he’s passed.
    I know you love The Pet Shop Boys Podd, but come on mate, you can't compare the 2 songs mate. Ones a cover version snd the other is the song of a genius, written by one and performed by one. Trust me mate, it was an absolute travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    I know you love The Pet Shop Boys Podd, but come on mate, you can't compare the 2 songs mate. Ones a cover version snd the other is the song of a genius, written by one and performed by one. Trust me mate, it was an absolute travesty.
    It beggars belief to me how a drunken, foul mouthed rant of a song can be considered as the greatest Xmas song of all time when there's the sweet and innocent melody of Rolf's Two Little Boys

Like the rumours of us signing a top class new manager

A fairytale of New York

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

A fairytale of New York
    I wish the news outlets would change the record….literally
    There are so many great Pogues songs to choose from, infinitely better than that one

RIP Shane - Thanks for the great songs! Now lets get Fairytail of New York as Christmas Number 1.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I wish the news outlets would change the record….literally
    There are so many great Pogues songs to choose from, infinitely better than that one
    Any other Christmas ones though?

Suppose they could play "The Broad Majestic Shannon", the intro is pretty much the same.

RIP Shane.they don’t make them like you anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12