+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton and beyond................

Sadly looks like a change is coming. We could of done with some stability bur Marvin has made too many mistakes and seems incapable of stopping this terrible run. Very strange how the effort of last week can drop of in the next game .
    Poor signing like Wullie has killed Marvin. Far too big a squad.

Jardi for me the answer is simple. Last week papered over the cracks. All the stats in that game show that Utd should have won the game comfortably and when your keeper is mom it tells its own story. Yes the effort may have been there but for the most part qos got lucky in that game. It’s was never down to us being better than Utd on the day. It was simply our keeper had the game of his life.
    You are quite correct. I would accept yesterday’s result if it wasn’t the norm. That happens in football. But yesterday’s was the normal and last week was against the grain and that’s a massive concern.
    As you will know I have defended this manager for the most part, but after Kelly enough was enough. It’s time for change. We can’t keep performing like this. I can’t even say we are unlucky and I can see results.changing as the actual performances at utter dung.
    And again I agree that a lot, if not most of this is down to the players, but two things on this. These are the players the manager has brought in so for him to lay the blame on them is also a reflection on himself since he has brought them in. Secondly it’s his tactics, which you and almost everyone else, has said are wrong, which the players are playing to.
    It’s just not worked out and it’s time for change
    Manager to allow a new man to be put in place and asses what he needs for January

It's an interesting point of view. Despite having an appalling record and being 3rd from bottom, a new manager with new recruits could have us 3rd top within a few weeks.

On paper, our midfield and attack should be more than capable of competing at the level we find ourselves at, the defence on the other hand I'm not so sure about. From the very start of the league there has been a lack of commitment and whether that is down to the fact the players think they are too good for this level I just don't know. I totally agree with fatfan that our current dilemma reflects very badly on the manager. Yes it would be great to think that we could change the manager and bring in 4 or 5 new players and things would improve but the main problem with that scenario is a lack of funds. The way things are going our home crowd is going to be consistently below 1000 and the style of football on show is certainly not going to attract any new punters through the turnstyles.

Last 11 league games we’ve won one ( Annan ) drew one ( Falkirk ) and lost NINE.

4 points from a possible 33 - marvellous 😡

Wullie was sacked for less ( allegedly )

The saddest thing of all is that Queens could quite easily fall out of League 1 into the ignominy of Scotland's lowest league.
    Back in the sunny days of July, many of us passed off the defensive lapses as a phase, but this is no mere 'phase,' this has become a defined pattern.
    Some very serious and honest talking is required, because as previously mentioned, turning up to play one game in four is completely inexplicable, but it is also taking the fans and BOD for fools, and that cannot be tolerated.

Marv took training today and apparently isn’t planning on going anywhere.

Not many managers would survive those horrendous statistics. Bartley obviously feels he can go on to manage at a higher level and will therefore keep going as it would not look good on his CV if he throw in the towel in his first appointment. As has been said before, its decision time for the BOD, do they keep faith in Bartley and provide financial backing for him to augment the squad in January or do they hope for a new manager bounce effect. Bearing in mind this squad was signed by Bartley the former alternative may prove to be futile. One thing is for sure, something has to change before it is too late.

Keep saying it but keep playing players like McKechnie, McKay, and Logan the team is not going to improve. Not saying they are terrible but flatter to deceive too often and/or have no heart. Connelly, Todd, Reilly and Walker for me are the only ones capable at this level however that's a mere opinion.

Not entirely sure of your selection, - but as you say, - that's a matter of opinion.

We may actually be better to stick with Marvin until the end of the season and boost the squad in the January window. A creative midfielder and a tall, - strong upfront player would certainly boost the squad, -along with a couple of loan players.

At the end of the day, - Marvin Bartley is going nowhere in the managerial world unless he turns this season round pronto, - so he has every incentive to sort this utter nonsense out, - or his future in football is over.

He may well have created the mess he finds himself in, - or once again he can point the finger at the players, - but the January window is his last throw of the dice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)