+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton and beyond................

Hamilton and beyond................

It will be interesting to see how Queens compete against Hamilton tomorrow. Will they be fully up for the challenge, - or will there be a hang back from last Saturday's efforts?

Looking forward, - we need to embrace the opportunities afforded us in the January window, - and Marvin has to find a replacement for Reagan Mimnaugh who was an incredibly creative player, - as well as a strong, tall, striker who is capable of holding the ball up and playing in our smaller players.

We definitely need to strengthen the team to have a real go at the play-offs and be able to compete against Championship opposition.

Any players brought in, - should ideally be eligible to play in the St Mirren cup tie to give us every chance of progression, - albeit our chances are virtually nil against the 3rd placed SPL side.

The club should also consider making use of the Tanner Fund.

Last Saturday proved beyond any doubt that the team are capable of gaining a play off spot, - but that surely is not the aim, - we need to be strong enough to beat Arbroath (or whoever it may be) over 2 legs

£10,000 sitting there ready to be used whenever they want it Jardi.
    All they need to do is ask for it. It’s that simple Marvin!!!

The time is now Palmylad, - we can get ourselves out of this league, - but no use waiting until April to say "if only........"

Wonder if the game will be on now due to weather conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Wonder if the game will be on now due to weather conditions?
    Awaiting clarification from Hamilton it seems.

Well, with regards to 'the beyond' bit, we will need a few more players in the January window!

Surprise surprise normal service is resumed! Stop the season now and relegate us to save further ignominy.

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post

£10,000 sitting there ready to be used whenever they want it Jardi.
    All they need to do is ask for it. It’s that simple Marvin!!!
    Can it be put towards Bartley's redundancy?

QUOTE=jardi;40400146]Well, with regards to 'the beyond' bit, we will need a few more players in the January window![/QUOTE]

Jardi. A clear out is required. Last week just papered over the cracks and in truth I am certain that if the Dundee game was played again then that would have been a drubbing also considering our keeper was mom.
    There is no doubt in my mind now that the manager is not up to the job anymore. But on top of that the players that have been brought in are nowhere near the standard either.
    We have a defence that just can’t defend. A midfield that is lazy and have no vision in the slightest. And we have one player up front that semi regularly scores goals.
    There is maybe 3 or 4 players I’d be looking to keep from this current squad and that’s at a push. The rest can go to the lowland league as that’s the standard of player we now have and it’s showing in the results and the performances we are witnessing.
    Getting 4 or 5 players in January may help to keep us in this league but we will be nowhere near promotion material.
    It has been a complete shambles from September onwards with no signs of any change so that tells me we are going one way, and that’s not up the league.
    The manager has had a huge opportunity to turn this around and he can’t, so his time should be up. I haven’t seen any interview yet which is strange so that change may be coming, unless there’s another reason for not addressing the support after that crap.

Morning Fatfan, if you haven't watched any of the interviews, I strongly advise that you have a listen, even if it is merely to obtain a balance.
    Like Marvin, I am in a state of disbelief that we can go from hero to zero in seven days, and I honestly can't put my finger on the problem .

To a man we gave 100% last week for 2 hours plus injury time and penalties, yet the 'other' Queens turned up yesterday and lay down.This is not Jeckyl and Hyde, this is way beyond that diagnosis.

Frustrating is putting it mildly, it's as if the players decide to put in a shift one game in four and then refuse to perform.

It may be that a clear out is required and maybe even a change of manager, but I'm not at all sure that will sort things.

One thing that should be done is for the players to watch a recording of the Dundee Utd game and the Hamilton match and for them to explain to the punters just what the hell is going on.

They are taking the manager the BOD and the fans for complete mugs and that is totally unacceptable.

If these dreadful performances occurred once or twice in a season, everyone would accept it as the variance that occurs in football, but this beggars belief.

While I'm at it, why get sent off with 6 minutes to play in a game that is a complete embarrassment to anyone wearing a QOS shirt?

There needs to be some frank conversations and honesty with the BOD who pay the wages and the beleaguered fans who turn up every week.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)