+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hamilton and beyond................

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Not entirely sure of your selection, - but as you say, - that's a matter of opinion.

We may actually be better to stick with Marvin until the end of the season and boost the squad in the January window. A creative midfielder and a tall, - strong upfront player would certainly boost the squad, -along with a couple of loan players.

At the end of the day, - Marvin Bartley is going nowhere in the managerial world unless he turns this season round pronto, - so he has every incentive to sort this utter nonsense out, - or his future in football is over.

He may well have created the mess he finds himself in, - or once again he can point the finger at the players, - but the January window is his last throw of the dice.
    If we continue with Bartley to the end of the season and there is no upturn in our current form then it will be league 2 next season and loss of full time status Jardi. Can he pull rabbits from the hat in the January window, well that is another question but can he get the best out of them as the teams form would suggest otherwise? Big decisions for the board to make- stick with their initial brave call on Bartley or now twist getting a new more experienced man in before the window so he can get in the players he thinks we need to put some backbone into the squad?
    Interesting few weeks ahead which will determine the rest of our season on way or the other.

100% agree with you.

I don't know which way I would go. My heart says jump ship and get a recognised manager in to solve the problems, - but my brain says stick with the man who has caused the problems, - because his livelihood depends on not just Queens survival in this league, but at the very least a top four finish.

If you look at what other fans have said about (him) throwing players under the bus, - he'll never work again in management, - because that video is out there.

It's a hard call, but I'd be brutal and stick with the present incumbent.

If things go from bad to worse (which is possible) then a new manager can still be brought in.

After achieving only 13 points from 15 league games it is abundantly clear the manager's message is not being understood or is being ignored by the players (delete as appropriate). It is not overstating our predicament to say that the January window is ***** in saving our season. If we were only a few games into the season I would say stick with Bartley, but that is not the case. Can he be trusted to bring in the players required to turn our fortunes around and can he suddenly motivate the ones we already have, I'm not convinced. The problem is getting a suitable replacement who can suddenly transform the squad into a team that compete every week.

That is the dilemma Beautiful South, is it fair to lumber a new manager with the existing baggage (caused for whatever reason) that he can't off load until the end of the season. Even the very best manager might get an at best 50% return on his investment of time, and then the fans still call for his head.
    I'd rather force the issue, bring in a replacement for Mimnaugh at the very least and get the present incumbent to sort out all the problems he's created.
    If he succeeds, we all knowledgably say " well that was bound to happen in the January window", if he fails but we scrape through with First Division survival intact, we have a complete clear out of management and playing personnel, but if he fails spectacularly and the trap door is open, then a new manager is brought in .
    The last scenario is the scariest, but one a new manager 'bounce' should be able to avoid.
    Most importantly of all, we need to remember that we are nearly half way through the season already and perhaps the clean sweep is the best of a bad bunch.
    The BOD will decide of course, and they may also think " we've still got half a season to turn this completely around" To do so, they'd need to appoint someone of stature who is capable of turning players who bother to turn up once every 4 or 5 weeks, into athletes who are straining at the leash every week.
    There is still plenty of time for this to happen. It would be interesting to hear others thoughts.

Mr Hewitson has to team training at Palmerston today in preparation for Saturday’s game against Montrose. It’s a far better playing surface than the one at Hamilton Palace.
    He’s also hired a bus to take the squad up there this weekend. That’s far more professional than turning up in cars.

Who said the chairman doesn’t care ? He obviously does

Quite clearly the chairman cares a lot about our club!

I've never met the chairman so I can't vouch for his feelings for the club. I do however have some sympathy with him and the BOD in their appointment of Bartley. I am certain he came across extremely positively during the interview process and put forward a believable plan for the development of the club for the next couple of years. It is just a pity he appears incapable of turning his vision into reality.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)