+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FA Cup Sutton-v-Horsham

FA Cup Sutton-v-Horsham

Good luck to the Hornets tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon at Sutton.

Sutton only won 3 league games all season.

They couldn't, could they ? Money-spinning draw in Third Round.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Good luck to the Hornets tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon at Sutton.

Sutton only won 3 league games all season.

They couldn't, could they ? Money-spinning draw in Third Round.
    Best of luck from me too , hope they progress tomorrow and pull Man Utd or one of the other big PL fish in round three .

Just flicking through the TV channels yesterday evening to see that York v Wigan was being televised. I tuned in during the pre match build up and it suddenly dawned on me the sheer magnitude of the mistake Barnsley FC have made. We should be in this bloody competition for feck sake!!!

What a complete utter ballax up and one of the highest order. It sickened me to be honest. I think that we've got so used to being kicked in the teeth supporting this club that the numbness truly sets in and I sometimes feel nothing or I'm sometimes unable to take in things with a proper sense of perspective. It's like being punched multiple times. The first dozen punches really hurt but then after that, you start to feel nothing as the blows continue.

The set backs that we as fans have had to deal with in recent years are disconcerting to say the least. The many bad decisions by the club that occur time and again, the constant departure of all our best players, the sale of our better head coaches, the level of recruitment we're now at, the debt we're in, the uncertainty over ownership. The list goes on. A perpetual backlog of utter shyte with not a great deal at all to celebrate.

The numbness that I feel is caused by not only the spreadsheet system but also the trash that we've had running this club who clearly haven't got a Scooby doo. What a shambles.

No doubt the club sycophants who constantly live in denial or swallow every word that the club says or show alacrity towards any decision made by the club will criticise this post. However, I'd strongly advise to take your heads out of your arses and ask yourselves a few home truths.

I know the what I felt last night was total annoyance. It was annoyance that was buried deep down inside me under layer upon layer of the set backs and disappointments that we've had to endure as fans.

How the feck has this club become like this? This is absolutely miles away from previous ownership and miles away from what we're about. If the club keep on making these amateurish decisions, then mark my words, non league football is a distinct possibility within the next decade.
    Last edited by pass_and_move; 02-12-2023 at 08:00 AM.

I don’t think there are many that would disagree with your post pass! I agree it’s a shambles at jokewell and nothing surprises me nowadays!
    This lot take the fans for granted and their only concern is how much money they can bring in, in the hope that a free transfer or two work out so they can get a profit.
    I haven’t been to any games this season and don’t plan to go again until they show some intention of moving the club forwards or selling it.
    Let’s be honest the chances are very high that we would be in the 3rd round draw tomorrow, if Sutton draw one of the big boys away it will be money they probably haven’t seen before, that money would have been very helpful to us, yet nobody seems to have put their hand up to this monumental error!
    Don’t forget we could lose points as well soon for financial mis management! This on the back of lost revenue of sales of the home kit, and the misguided choice of that horrendous home kit will have cost them money as well, on the surface it feels like self sabotage!

Well done on your Cup run Horsham.

Everything I have read/ seen about you confirms you seem a very decent club.

Your name will certainly remain in the history of Barnsley Football Club for one special reason.

The Big Love In comes to an end.

Plymouth away for Sutton.

Cancel the order for the Wembley suits.