+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Shrewbury Town FC 01.12.23 [FAC R2]

Was looking forward to seeing us in the 3rd round draw, a pity it wasn't PP'd.

Whoever Shrewsbury get, we might have got somebody different due to the 'butterfly effect', it's always a "what if" no matter what ball comes out.

I have not felt this frustrated in a long time, it's the same problem week after week after week yet we have Tipton never given a chance , macari who is way better than our centre 3 left rotting on the bench

Williams ain't blameless for this it's happening far too often and we are chucking opportunities to progress away. Assuming he's still here next season them Reez bros need to give him a warning to play stronger teams in cup matches.

Difficult to sum that game up really. If Shrewsbury are a typical league one team then without a doubt we proved we can compete and dominate a team at that level and that was without Jones, Langstaff, Crowley, McGoldrick, Palmer and Scott. We controlled the game had the lions share of possession and kept them quiet and limited their chances.

However what it did show is that we can’t make the individual mistakes we did tonight and expect to get anything out of the game. I doubt if we had made those kind of mistakes in the national league we would have got away with them. Without those three errors we would have comfortably won 2-0 and be in the third round and everyone would be praising how good we were.

Going forward defending will be a key improvement and is the missing piece of the jigsaw. We need to learn and cut out the individual errors at the back or improve and strengthen such that if we are to go to the next level we can stay there. That’s the difference right now for me. January and the summer will be the time to take it up a level.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    It's all the defenders if it's not Cameron messing up, it's Baldwin, if not them 2 it'll be Rawlinson like bloody clockwork every game, since the season started I've felt we're good enough to get promoted and said so several times on here, you lot must think I'm deluded with this defence it needs upgrading in January URGENTLY.
    Mate, Cameron wasn’t even playing. If anything it goes to show that he’s the best defender. All the others on that pitch today are bloody diabolical. And Cameron is one man, he pulls them by the scruff as it is. Don’t go blaming the lad when he’s not even on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Williams ain't blameless for this it's happening far too often and we are chucking opportunities to progress away. Assuming he's still here next season them Reez bros need to give him a warning to play stronger teams in cup matches.
    I agree with this. Shows little respect for cup matches.

Also, surely Luke must see these defenders are just not good enough to play out from the back. Oh I'm sure lots will come on and have a go at me but this has been going on all season.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Notts completely dominated tried their best upfront but the defence is an absolute joke, when ih when will Williams see that
    What do you expect him to do about it before January?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    What do you expect him to do about it before January?
    I expect him to play macari and Tipton together. They cannot be worse than Backpass brindley, balls-up Baldwin, captain calamity, or rotten Rawlinson

What a complete pile of crap, Baldwin MoM for Shrewsbury.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    I agree with this. Shows little respect for cup matches.

Also, surely Luke must see these defenders are just not good enough to play out from the back. Oh I'm sure lots will come on and have a go at me but this has been going on all season.
    He does. Listen to his interview. By all accounts from the performance the team were well good enough to win tonight, in fact it sounds as if we thrashed them 2-3 thanks to comedy play at the back.

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast