+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Shrewbury Town FC 01.12.23 [FAC R2]

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    He's now back to full on laddo.

Patronising, condescending and really tedious.
    Can't get everyone to agree? Stifle the conversation (Gaslighting for Beginners Rule #1).

Quote Originally Posted by thefulltenyards View Post

What we all need is some sort of table for the league to indicate how well your team is doing to obviously include the important how many goals you concede. Oh and the rest.
    Sounds complicated.

We should only attempt that if we have a poster insightful enough to explain whether GAs, GFs, Ls, Ws and PTS are important or should be avoided.

Ok, phew. Cometh the hour, cometh the man!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    He's now back to full on laddo.

Patronising, condescending and really tedious.
    His Username should be “TheLastWord”

That is probably the worst example of chicken and egg I have seen.

But....but....but..... if we did not make mistakes, cut out the f*#k ups and did not concede so many goals we would be top.

More ground breaking stuff.

Every team bar one can say something similar. But not every team is only one point behind him.

What we all need is some sort of table for the league to indicate how well your team is doing to obviously include the important how many goals you concede. Oh and the rest.
    Oh dear the transition back from ‘thefulltenyards’ to ‘Laddo is now complete, he can’t help himself.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I think you are projecting with a lot of the personal stuff you wrote there.

I'm afraid I still don't agree with you about what is happening on the pitch. Your interpretation of what happened to cause the goals is hard to take seriously IMO.

I didn't want to get into a personal back and forth so I have no problem saying I do read your posts and find them interesting, even if they are sometimes a bit heavy on the tactical mumbo jumbo for a dinosaur like me.

When we debated this a couple of months ago your position was that the defenders were good enough and should be kept, apart from Brindley. Now you are writing that we need to wait for January and upgrades (plural), while my position hasn't changed, so maybe I am a tiny bit more insightful than you give me credit for.
    Listen, my post was OTT.
    Probably what triggered that was the description of certain football arguments as 'gaslighting'. If you've been on NCM long enough you'll have seen some unsavoury behaviours. But in all my time reading this site I don't think I seen
    'a form of psychological abuse where a person causes someone to question their sanity, memories, or perception of reality. People who experience gaslighting may feel confused, anxious, or unable to trust themselves' the definition of gaslighting

Disagreeing about football matches can never stretch to that IMO. Fans will see the game differently.

On the upgrades, I have in mind RCB of course, be that the permanent signing of Macari or another direction. It was on the top of my list for expected summer recruitment and was pretty shocked it didn't happen.

The other I have in mind is a keeper possibly or a player for all positions to add extra depth to the squad. I'll not stop backing Baldwin and Cameron, I enjoy watching them too much and grateful for what they've achieved. You can't keep on making mistakes after mistake though, there have to be consequences for that. Let's see.

Those two, and the defence in general are probably the biggest losers from the Matty Palmer injury. We need to control games to relieve the pressure on the defence, the number of times teams can come back at us and ask questions of the back line. I think LW's whole philosophy is based on being able to dominate the game so that we can play 3 ball playing defenders.

Anyway, you do post good stuff about the team so FWIW I take that back.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Listen, my post was OTT.
    Probably what triggered that was the description of certain football arguments as 'gaslighting'. If you've been on NCM long enough you'll have seen some unsavoury behaviours. But in all my time reading this site I don't think I seen
    'a form of psychological abuse where a person causes someone to question their sanity, memories, or perception of reality. People who experience gaslighting may feel confused, anxious, or unable to trust themselves'
    A bit of an out of context example, try "Narcissistic gaslighting doesn’t differ from normal gaslighting, but it may be used for slightly different manipulative purposes. For instance, a narcissist might use these tactics to preserve or protect their ego, keep others from challenging them, or maintain a sense of superiority over others." And there is a degree of tongue in cheek involved.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    A bit of an out of context example, try "Narcissistic gaslighting doesn’t differ from normal gaslighting, but it may be used for slightly different manipulative purposes. For instance, a narcissist might use these tactics to preserve or protect their ego, keep others from challenging them, or maintain a sense of superiority over others." And there is a degree of tongue in cheek involved.
    Looking forward to NCM's amateur psychology evening
    Makes you appreciate discussing back 4s v back 3s

Oh fantastic narcissistic gaslighting versus normal gaslighting just what all good football forums need. Well at least it's an upgrade from the earlier misplaced chicken and the egg example.

I'm afraid the Notts using a back 4 versus back 3 argument will just have to wait.

Control the game.

Oh fantastic narcissistic gaslighting versus normal gaslighting just what all good football forums need. Well at least it's an upgrade from the earlier misplaced chicken and the egg example.

I'm afraid the Notts using a back 4 versus back 3 argument will just have to wait.

Control the game.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Listen, my post was OTT.
    'a form of psychological abuse where a person causes someone to question their sanity, memories, or perception of reality. People who experience gaslighting may feel confused, anxious, or unable to trust themselves' the definition of gaslighting

Disagreeing about football matches can never stretch to that IMO. Fans will see the game differently.

On the upgrades, I have in mind RCB of course, be that the permanent signing of Macari or another direction. It was on the top of my list for expected summer recruitment and was pretty shocked it didn't happen.

The other I have in mind is a keeper possibly or a player for all positions to add extra depth to the squad. I'll not stop backing Baldwin and Cameron, I enjoy watching them too much and grateful for what they've achieved. You can't keep on making mistakes after mistake though, there have to be consequences for that. Let's see.

Those two, and the defence in general are probably the biggest losers from the Matty Palmer injury. We need to control games to relieve the pressure on the defence, the number of times teams can come back at us and ask questions of the back line. I think LW's whole philosophy is based on being able to dominate the game so that we can play 3 ball playing defenders.

Anyway, you do post good stuff about the team so FWIW I take that back.
    I actually think a lot of the current situation is down to mentality / attitude / concentration.

I actually don’t think we need to change the system too much, if at all. I think we can play say 80% risk on, instead of balls to to the wall 100% risk on, and solve a lot of these problems without the system suffering.

Likewise giving people licence to make mistakes is great if it's the odd mistake, but when it's all the time and it's costing us games and money in lost gate revenue, we might need players to take a bit more responsibility.

Anyway great to hear we are still NCM friends ❤️

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast