+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Shrewbury Town FC 01.12.23 [FAC R2]

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I actually think a lot of the current situation is down to mentality / attitude / concentration.

I actually don’t think we need to change the system too much, if at all. I think we can play say 80% risk on, instead of balls to to the wall 100% risk on, and solve a lot of these problems without the system suffering.

Likewise giving people licence to make mistakes is great if it's the odd mistake, but when it's all the time and it's costing us games and money in lost gate revenue, we might need players to take a bit more responsibility.

Anyway great to hear we are still NCM friends ❤️
    Exactly that, having watched them again Baldwin with simple side foot passes to Stone avoids 2 of the goals.
    Other observations about the game were Sam Austin played well and looked far more comfortable in the attacking midfielder role, Gosling played well and looked like he is starting to get fit(same as JOB they are better starting than coming on as sub as difficult to get up to the pace of the game)
    Gosling can play the defensive role but don't think Bostock can play the further forward on the left role especially if with Chicksen as they offer very little attacking threat and are both very one footed.

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Exactly that, having watched them again Baldwin with simple side foot passes to Stone avoids 2 of the goals.
    To be honest I think he is past being brave and now in the realm of being complacent and / or showing off.

To be honest I think he is past being brave and now in the realm of being complacent and / or showing off.
    They need to know when to put the ball into row Z, instead of trying to be too clever...Basics first, fancy stuff later..

I've thought he has become complacent/indecisive/strutting his stuff for a while. He holds and holds until he comes under pressure and is then panicked into a hurried pass. He looks the part and there is no doubt he can play football, he just needs to pick his pass quicker.
    He's probably the only one I would look to moving up a division.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    They need to know when to put the ball into row Z, instead of trying to be too clever...Basics first, fancy stuff later..
    Baldwin didn't need to put the ball into row Z for the 1st or 3rd goal, for the 1st Stone kicks it downfield for the 3rd we retain possession if he passes back to Stone when he was facing him outside the box

Baldwin didn't need to put the ball into row Z for the 1st or 3rd goal, for the 1st Stone kicks it downfield for the 3rd we retain possession if he passes back to Stone when he was facing him outside the box
    He did for the first when being chased down, and for the the 3rd he was indecisive and should have put his foot thru it . He didnt, and consequently lost the ball and they scored.. Nothing to do with Ifs and buts..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He did for the first when being chased down, and for the the 3rd he was indecisive and should have put his foot thru it . He didnt, and consequently lost the ball and they scored.. Nothing to do with Ifs and buts..
    Last edited by SwalePie; 04-12-2023 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Fixed quote code error

I think you will find the 1st and 2nd goals Baldwin could have passed to Stone

I think you will find the 1st and 2nd goals Baldwin could have passed to Stone
    But he didnt....

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast