+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Shrewbury Town FC 01.12.23 [FAC R2]

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    I clock up my 50 this season too!
    This is my 50th too!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    This is my 50th too!
    This is my 54th....

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    This is my 50th too!
    First visit to ML for me was circa '74, a few sporadic visits followed with friends dad's etc so could claim to be 50th season for me also, although October '79 Notts 1 - 1 Oldham was when I first started going without supervision and really represents the start of my journey as a full blooded Magpie. Never once regretted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    It’s only really a local rivalry when we actually compete against each other. When did that last happen?
    I dont think many Notts fans like them being in the Prem… however, there is a clear correlation between Forest being in the top division and Notts increase in attendances.
    The other thing about Forest being in the Prem is that more fans in Nottingham are seeing how poor they are…. The amount of money to buy a ticket to see a side with no identity on a Friday, Saturday night, Sunday or Monday is playing in to our hands. Like it or not Marky.
    Might it be the case that people are extrapolating the circumstances among their own friendship/family circle (Fword fans they know who now go to watch Notts) and assuming a general trend that in reality is far less significant than they perceive it to be?
    Fword were not in the PL when gates took a massive upturn under Hardy, nor were they in the PL when we saw a similar increase with Munto.
    For sure, some Fword fans and floaters were curious in 2010 and 2017/18 and crossed over the river, but it didn't need them to be in the top flight to do that.
    Most clubs have seen big increases in recent years and we've just secured a promotion at Wembley. Maybe, just maybe, it's more to do with what we're doing and the popularity of football generally than them.

My dad dragged me down to my first game when I was about six. All I remember was we played Mansfield, we stood on the Kop and I got squashed between two fat Mansfield women. That was about seventy years ago.

My dad came from Gateshead and I don't know if he supported them but he worked with a couple of blokes who lived in the Meadows, they were Notts fans and took us down the 'lane. BTW one of these men was the father of Bob Raynor who was once a Notts goalkeeper. I remember him talking about Marilyn Monroe being found dead and me getting upset because I fancied her - me aged five!

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    This is my 54th....
    Into my 71st season, how time flies

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I remember him talking about Marilyn Monroe being found dead and me getting upset because I fancied her - me aged five!
    Monroe died in 1962, 61 years ago. Are you really only 66 years old?

64th season.
    1st home v Norwich 1959 (I think). Had some life changing moments at Meadow Lane over the years (and at the Town Arms after the games!)

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    It's only natural that most Notts fans hate Forest - it's called local rivalry it's the same in Bristol, Sheffield, Birmingham, Stoke etc but bizarrely there seems to be a section of Notts fans who seem to like them being in the Premier League, doubt you'd get that in Sheffield or Birmingham, still I hope those of you who do like them have a thoroughly miserable evening.
    Sorry to disappoint you, I did have a bit of a smile last night when I saw the score, but hate them? No, it's a word I try to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Into my 71st season, how time flies
    It doesn't seem that long since i used to stand under the Scoreboard on the old Kop. Then Tuesday nights down to watch the reserves in the Pontins League..

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast