+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Our defence

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    LW stubbornness to stick to a system that consistently wins football matches?

Why would he change his style due to individual errors, you just change the individuals.
    But if you can't change the individuals what do you do? Continue to waste the attacking potential by shipping individual errors or adjust your approach to compensate? All speculation and conjecture though so let's just wait for Jan. LW isn't going to change the defensive approach now.
    Last edited by SmiffyPie; 02-12-2023 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    LW stubbornness to stick to a system that consistently wins football matches?

Why would he change his style due to individual errors, you just change the individuals.
    His stubborness got us promotion, remember that. However there is a limit to where that can get us with this squad, lets see what January brings us.

Please don't change the style, it's changed the club.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    I think we all know that Baldwin of all our defenders is the best ball playing footballer. But I honestly think sometimes he thinks he’s beckenbauer.
    He may well be our best defender, but the fact that he lay on the ground and didn't attempt to get up until after Shrewsbury had scored, surely raises questions about his attitude/drive/desire and commitment to the cause. Personally I think those of us in attendance last night deserved better.

The conceded goals are raising some interesting comments on certain social media platforms. There's people (obviously not Notts fans) saying that the game was fixed....lol....

No, it's not fixed we just have a dodgy defence ffs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    But if you can't change the individuals what do you do? Continue to waste the attacking potential by shipping individual errors or adjust your approach to compensate? All speculation and conjecture though so let's just wait for Jan. LW isn't going to change the defensive approach now.
    I wouldn't say he's wasting the attacking potential as we sit comfortably inside the playoffs and 1 point off 2nd. The Club thought some of these players could step up and I personally thought Cameron and Baldwin would be fine in Lge 2 but their performances show otherwise

I've just actually watched the goals. What the actual **** is the second goal. The first is bad, the third comical but the second is one of the worst goals I've ever seen conceded. I've been reading this thread thinking they have a point, they have a point with people's posts and about the system. That car crash is nothing to do with the system, it's completely **** defending. Get them all out in January. If you're going to keep them then Brindley out, Baldwin and Cameron on the bench until they learn to defend. System nothing, all those goals are just complete ****.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I've just actually watched the goals. What the actual **** is the second goal. The first is bad, the third comical but the second is one of the worst goals I've ever seen conceded. I've been reading this thread thinking they have a point, they have a point with people's posts and about the system. That car crash is nothing to do with the system, it's completely **** defending. Get them all out in January. If you're going to keep them then Brindley out, Baldwin and Cameron on the bench until they learn to defend. System nothing, all those goals are just complete ****.

The idea that these silly goals can't be fixed is ridiculous.

How about LW says, "don't pass towards Notts's goal unless you're sure, otherwise turn away from goal"

Try this before investing a million or two.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    The conceded goals are raising some interesting comments on certain social media platforms. There's people (obviously not Notts fans) saying that the game was fixed....lol....

No, it's not fixed we just have a dodgy defence ffs!!!
    Trouble is, when it's that bad and you lose an otherwise very winnable game it will raise this kind of comment. I think it's just a freak game with some pretty consistent errors over many games but unsurprising these comments are made.

Quote Originally Posted by ajojones View Post
    Trouble is, when it's that bad and you lose an otherwise very winnable game it will raise this kind of comment. I think it's just a freak game with some pretty consistent errors over many games but unsurprising these comments are made.
    I was at the match with a friend who is not a Notts fan, he asked me during the game if Notts were trying the throw the match. I had to advise him that the defenders really are that bad.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast