+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Barrow discount

Barrow discount

So the club have reduced the prices for the Barrow game. They are changing £10 for adults. This is a chance to see how much the pricing structure affects the attendance. It is the last Friday before Christmas (but would more have turned up on the Saturday?). There is no school for the school-age so no problem there. The following two games are away from home so this is the only 'Christmas' game.
    However, it's not enough to just to drop prices. The game has to be marketed/publicised. Fans can, of course, help to spread the word. Unfortunately, I don't expect the Crewe public to respond in any great number so I don't see it breaking 4,000 on the night. It would be nice to be proved wide of the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    So the club have reduced the prices for the Barrow game. They are changing £10 for adults. This is a chance to see how much the pricing structure affects the attendance. It is the last Friday before Christmas (but would more have turned up on the Saturday?). There is no school for the school-age so no problem there. The following two games are away from home so this is the only 'Christmas' game.
    However, it's not enough to just to drop prices. The game has to be marketed/publicised. Fans can, of course, help to spread the word. Unfortunately, I don't expect the Crewe public to respond in any great number so I don't see it breaking 4,000 on the night. It would be nice to be proved wide of the mark.
    Saturday would certainly have been better - is there any good reason why we're in the half of League 2 games shifted to the Friday night - our move or the League's?

Crikey Gazan talk about negative. We got +4k on a Friday night this year against Salford who brought about 100 fans. I’m expecting at least 6k and with a big push we should aim for 7k.
    I’m not convinced that the last Saturday before Christmas would have been better. Salford proved that there are people who follow prem league or work who will show on a Friday.
    I’m personally already planning to bring 3 extras to the match, as well as the 3 season tickets we have. All fans should really push this and stop with the negative defeatist attitude. Let’s gets gresty Road packed and roaring, still remember the tranmere Friday night game in about 89 when we had 7k on.

Quote Originally Posted by West cheshire alex View Post
    Crikey Gazan talk about negative. We got +4k on a Friday night this year against Salford who brought about 100 fans. I’m expecting at least 6k and with a big push we should aim for 7k.
    I’m not convinced that the last Saturday before Christmas would have been better. Salford proved that there are people who follow prem league or work who will show on a Friday.
    I’m personally already planning to bring 3 extras to the match, as well as the 3 season tickets we have. All fans should really push this and stop with the negative defeatist attitude. Let’s gets gresty Road packed and roaring, still remember the tranmere Friday night game in about 89 when we had 7k on.
    Good post!

Hope that you are right about a good crowd. Perhaps we need a 'Guess the Crowd' on the Match thread ...