+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Birmingham City Post Match Thoughts

I think we have to put yesterdays performance into perspective
    We played a team who were nowhere near as good as Hull / Watford and are clearly devoid of confidence and direction
    Rooney iis way out of his depth and not as good at his role as say Liam Rosenior.

Not trying to be negative, just trying to be realistic and yes we can only try and beat who is in front of us on any particular day
    Wonderful improvement though and very pleasing.

I can’t help thinking that Brum might still be one of the teams to catch if their American owner sticks with WR for too long

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Pretty much as I see it/saw it Ronners. Good that we set up better and created some chances, but Birmingham were truly awful, gave us clear chances and we couldn't take them. And yes, a lack of confidence in some cases, it footballing intelligence/technical ability in others, is our undoing at this level. I think that there is more in these players, if we were fortunate enough to gain an outstanding manager, but even with that it would be a big all with these players and I expect relegation, although I expected that at the start despite the so called quality of the incoming signings. There's a reason such players come to us. It was worth a gamble, our options aren't going to be huge on player acquisition at this level. Maybe an excellent incoming manager could turn us round, and am hopeful for Jones but expect a late change of heart to be honest.

Not being negative, far from it. We did well to stay up last year, and after so many years pre NYS, I'm hugely grateful for what we have. I don't see why, if Stewart keeps his investments up as previously and get a decent manager, we could add to some great players at league 1 level, Cam, Blackett, Bramhall, Nombe, Hugill but need to get the contracts renewed if poss on Odaffin, Lyndsey and Basil. Victor will understandably be off but should bring a good payday. Reasons to be cheerful, Pt 4.
    Yes pup I am expecting a late change of heart from jones, although that could just be down to any football fans thinking regarding his or her's own team, a bit like watching millers playing well and missing chances and then I am always thinking that the other team are going to break away and score and I know it's not just me thinking it. Nathan Jones was my first choice but I didnt think we had any chance of getting him, but he has been out of work for 10 months now and it wouldnt be an awful move for him coming here, we shall see. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Yes pup I am expecting a late change of heart from jones, although that could just be down to any football fans thinking regarding his or her's own team, a bit like watching millers playing well and missing chances and then I am always thinking that the other team are going to break away and score and I know it's not just me thinking it. Nathan Jones was my first choice but I didnt think we had any chance of getting him, but he has been out of work for 10 months now and it wouldnt be an awful move for him coming here, we shall see. UTM
    We don't know if NJ has applied for other jobs and not got them or if his contract prevented him from doing so. 10 month away from the game is a big ask for him to come in and hit the ground running.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    We don't know if NJ has applied for other jobs and not got them or if his contract prevented him from doing so. 10 month away from the game is a big ask for him to come in and hit the ground running.
    For me, he doesn’t have to hit the ground running. It’s 2016 again and we are going down anyway. I hope Stewart is a realist and NJ (or A N Other) can take us down gently and with some dignity while creating a solid base to build back up from, this not being a given this time around. If this happens, I’ll be happy, providing Tony doesn’t get trigger happy. If he does do a Warnock-esque escape, so much the better, but I think that looking at the points gap to other teams at this stage just leads to unnecessary angst. My other real fear, other than another firing, is that the next manager also only signs on to the end of the season, and then I can see us just going down and down.

For me, whoever the new manager is he needs to have a " route map" of his own, the system of how he wants us to play and the best players to achieve that aim.

He can't be saddled with choosing players because we pay then a lot or we paid good money to get them here.

Above all he needs to get rid of the fair weather players, those that only want to play when it suits themselves of which we've got too many.

That's true cayton, we dont know if he has applied for other jobs, and yes 10 months away is also a big ask, certainly to hit the ground running but, for me anyway, getting NJ in would send a big message to our fans. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    That's true cayton, we dont know if he has applied for other jobs, and yes 10 months away is also a big ask, certainly to hit the ground running but, for me anyway, getting NJ in would send a big message to our fans. UTM
    Can't disagree with that and I'm guessing a huge percentage of the fan base will be happy with his appointment.. imo he's prob the best we could hope for though I still believe MT should have been given till the summer.

7 games till we can bring reinforcements in 4 at home only Leicester away I've written off. Possible to get up to 25 points by then. I know what I've said but NJ could be the type of manager to bring the best out of us. Keep it like yesterday injuries allowing all to play for.

Can't disagree with that and I'm guessing a huge percentage of the fan base will be happy with his appointment.. imo he's prob the best we could hope for though I still believe MT should have been given till the summer.
    I agree with you there too cayton, I wanted MT to stay on but TS decided otherwise. UTM

Probably the only time that I'm going to agree you Cayton about MT - he should have been given to the summer

If only we'd replached him in June, we wouldn't be in this mess....

Good night all...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234