+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barrow: guess the crowd

Barrow: guess the crowd

The gauntlet has been thrown down. I've always been on the pessimistic side but I'm very happy to hear any optimism expressed.
    So my thought is that 'Barrow for a tenner' will not light the fuse for thousands of stayaways to suddenly turn up at Gresty Road.
    A crowd of just below 4,000 is my expectation but would love to be proved wrong.

I’ll go for 6,102 including 400 ish barrow. If a chunk of our fanbase thinks…’ok I’ll bring a couple of mates down’ then we should surpass this number. My heads still a bit sore from banging it on the wall. The Alex are in the top 7, scoring a lot of goals, we’ve got a pre Christmas game against another of the top 7. Let’s get behind the team as they deserve more support.

Be lucky to break 4000 I would have thought. Reducing prices has never worked before. Pessimistic? Maybe, but history shows it doesn't increase attendances by much. Il go for 3976

What history, please educate me? Reduced prices last season v Wimbledon brought about 4.5k in mid January (typically low attendances) to watch a poor Alex team. Then we had 7.5k v Bradford on reduced prices for part of the ground. Let’s see but good god there is some lack of vision or optimism in this board. Instead of sniping on the sidelines, why don’t you focus on rallying some support. Lee bell and the team will need it against a good barrow team.

Perhaps we should play 'Guess the crowd' more often LOL

I really hope that we get a decent crowd, but happy with any attendance if we can get all three points!

My guesstimate is 7,001

Our average attendance in the Championship was just over 7,000 and it took a few years to get that.

Haven't seen any " sniping" on this thread yet (but plenty of pessimism based on 50 years of following the Alex).
    After 9 years in the Championship we only averaged just over 7000 and only then in latter years.
    The discounted price argument has been going on for years as well.
    However, I wish you well in your efforts to push the figures up. Yes, it does only need everyone to bring a few mates.

I notice the club are actually getting their fingers out in preparation for the Barrow match. I see they're actually printing posters, some of which are in other languages. Maybe, I'll need to revise my prediction of the crowd. Crewe Nub News suggests the club are aiming for 8,000. That really is optimistic!!!

Target 8000?? On a Friday night just before Christmas? Against Barrow?
    I'm all for ambitious marketing but that's just plain stupid. Kids are free, well good luck if I bring 3 of my young grandchildren back at half past ten!!
    Barrow will travel in small numbers for a night game and its 3 days before Christmas.

The Alex have announced today nearly 5,500 tickets sold. Big push now if everyone can bring family, mates, neighbours let’s get gresty road buzzing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast