+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barrow: guess the crowd

7000 and counting!! I was wrong. Brilliant effort by the club and fans. Looking forward to being part of the biggest crowd for over 10 years!!

Wow! If true I bow my head in awe that the club have managed this much so far.

8000 Is within our grasp now. What a fantastic effort by the club. I’m aware that kids are free, but from what I’ve seen at previous matches they’ll bully there parents to buy a hot dog!

It really is a fantastic effort - difference being the club really tried this time?

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    It really is a fantastic effort - difference being the club really tried this time?
    Tbf, a lot of people worked very hard to boost the attendance. Not just inside the club, but supporters as well. I've never seen so many posters and adverts around the town. It's a combined effort that can't be replicated too often.

Attendance: 7,646 (552).

Yep some of the fans did a lot. I did my bit too, posters up in pubs in tarporley and Winsford pubs. Pulled an old popside mate to reappear.

They will have to do it again later in the season to let the team have a second chance.
    Oh and if they do, they need to work on crowd movement on the stairs, which was a bit hairy at half-time.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    They will have to do it again later in the season to let the team have a second chance.
    Oh and if they do, they need to work on crowd movement on the stairs, which was a bit hairy at half-time.
    Well, not many of the extra 4000 fans will turn up to pay 27 quid or free entry when you then go onto lose the match easily..ie against a team that has just come back into the league...It was a great place to go in 1960...Some here may try it but then again they may be in L1 next year...I cannot see us being there with a threadbare squad..

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Well, not many of the extra 4000 fans will turn up to pay 27 quid or free entry when you then go onto lose the match easily..ie against a team that has just come back into the league...It was a great place to go in 1960...Some here may try it but then again they may be in L1 next year...I cannot see us being there with a threadbare squad..
    BTW we beat Barrow away on that day very easily....3-1 as it turns out...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast