+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotherham United - Failings By the Previous Manager / Recruitmet Team / Owner

Rotherham United - Failings By the Previous Manager / Recruitmet Team / Owner

My opinion on the failings of the -

Previous Manager / Recruitment Team / Owner of Rotherham United

We find the club at the bottom of the championship, with points adrift of other teams above.

Mistake -
    Owner Tony Stewart hiring a manager out of his depth, the club needed a manager
    with championship experience.

Manager -
    Matt Taylor signing injury prone players in Sean Morrison & Grant Hall in defence.
    Sean Morrison was on a pay when you play contract at Cardiff City, with his injury history, Morrison
    was offered the same contract for this season 2023-24 by Cardiff City.
    But the Millers offered a contract with no such stipulations, so Morrison signed for the Millers.
    Grant Hall was injury prone at Middlesbrough, so he was released, the Millers signing him.

Recruitment Team -
    I think Rob Scott has failed with giving information to previous manager Matt Taylor, one such
    mistake to me was the Millers not signing such as Rarmani Edmonds-Green from Huddersfield
    Town, the player having proved he was capable of holding his own at centre-back.
    Perhaps Scott passed the players name to the manager, a good deal would have been the Ben Wiles
    transfer to Huddersfield Town, with Edmonds-Green coming the other way.
    Edmonds-Green at the time not in the first eleven at Huddersfield Town.

Sean Morrison is far to slow at centre-half, no good playing him and Hall together, would have been
    better keeping Richard Wood alongside Edmonds-Green if we got him, or Humphreys when fit.
    OK Wood is slow, but having one of the 2 players alongside could have worked, it worked with
    slow-coach Broadfoot & faster player Rawson [on loan].

Just my opinion.

ELK, looking at the crocks that Taylor brought in, you have to ask getting rid of Sir Richard was a good move by Taylor? Morrison couldn't lace Richard's boots. He is so slow he couldn't catch a cold. He even failed today to keep a slow ball in that many a player would have.

I always thought Taylor was afraid of Woody's commanding persona and he feared it may well undermine him, hence why he outed him from the club he served so well.
    Last edited by Brin; 10-12-2023 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ELK, looking at the crocks that Taylor brought in, you have to ask getting rid of Sir Richard was a good move by Taylor? Morrison couldn't lace Richard's boots. He is so slow he couldn't catch a cold. He even failed today to keep a slow ball in that many a player would have.

I always thought Taylor was afraid of Woody's commanding persona and he feared it may well undermine him, hence why he outed him from the club he served so well.
    I spoke to Woody at my mates funeral, saying I could not understand the club not offering
    another contract, which would have given him a testamonial.
    Has you say was Taylor afraid of Woods influence at the club.

My fondest encounter with Richard was after the final at Wembley when he scored both the goals to get us promoted.

A friend and myself had stayed at the Ibis on Wembley Walk, whatever they call it. After the game we made our way to the Hilton where the team were staying. We were very well suitably attired and entered the hotel, walked to the lift where security just allowed us to use the lift to the top floor.

We stepped out only to be greeted by more security who simply waved us in to the players and their families on the roof top terrace. Woody was sprawled out on a long couch with his legs on display battered and bruised. I introduced myself as Wardy offered to buy us a drink.

Richard's concern even then was whether he would be offered a new contract as this was his final season. I assued him after what he had done for the club gaining Championship status, he deserved at least another 2 years and that's what happened.

No matter what you say about Woody, he was the consummate professional right to the very end.

To many vinos brin..?

It was definitely the right decision to get rid of Woody.

He is way past his best

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    My opinion on the failings of the -

Previous Manager / Recruitment Team / Owner of Rotherham United

We find the club at the bottom of the championship, with points adrift of other teams above.

Mistake -
    Owner Tony Stewart hiring a manager out of his depth, the club needed a manager
    with championship experience.

Manager -
    Matt Taylor signing injury prone players in Sean Morrison & Grant Hall in defence.
    Sean Morrison was on a pay when you play contract at Cardiff City, with his injury history, Morrison
    was offered the same contract for this season 2023-24 by Cardiff City.
    But the Millers offered a contract with no such stipulations, so Morrison signed for the Millers.
    Grant Hall was injury prone at Middlesbrough, so he was released, the Millers signing him.

Recruitment Team -
    I think Rob Scott has failed with giving information to previous manager Matt Taylor, one such
    mistake to me was the Millers not signing such as Rarmani Edmonds-Green from Huddersfield
    Town, the player having proved he was capable of holding his own at centre-back.
    Perhaps Scott passed the players name to the manager, a good deal would have been the Ben Wiles
    transfer to Huddersfield Town, with Edmonds-Green coming the other way.
    Edmonds-Green at the time not in the first eleven at Huddersfield Town.

Sean Morrison is far to slow at centre-half, no good playing him and Hall together, would have been
    better keeping Richard Wood alongside Edmonds-Green if we got him, or Humphreys when fit.
    OK Wood is slow, but having one of the 2 players alongside could have worked, it worked with
    slow-coach Broadfoot & faster player Rawson [on loan].

Just my opinion.

Maybe, maybe not. Do we even know which players Scott alerted us to? We’ve certainly been told that lots of first choice targets turned us down, so maybe a little unfair there.

Sorry elk I like most of your posts but this is posted from the knowledge we know now.
    Go back 12 month and MT was the type of manager most millers demanded. Pointing the finger at TS now for his actions that most fans wanted is out of order. TS has plenty of faults (mainly his mouth running away with himself) but employing MT wasn't one of them..
    Point the finger at Scott for his failure to give information to the manager is something you have made up in your head. You don't know this. You don't know we didn't approach reg. And he said no or if the Huddersfield manager said no.
    Signing Morrison on a pay as you play contract like most speculated was a good move especially with his experience and leader ability. Plus since we had Blackett and Humphrey as the main 2 CB. Add to that peltier, odoffin hall and mcart the move looked even better as a 20 game a season player.
    People were also slating peltier signing though the amount of games he's player last season and this have been unbelievable for a 37 year old and I can't remember many bad games from him

What makes you think green at the tine wanted to come??

Or we could afford his contract demands

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast