Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
A lot of content to sift through from the meeting.
And I’m sure comments made by the directors and HC will appear on here during the coming months.

One thing that stood out was the difference of culture between the board members and a swath of the audience.
Different lifestyles.

The directors being upbeat and positive about Barnsley and its football club.
While a section of the audience were clearly downtrodden and utterly miserable.
You could see JAQ was finding it difficult to understand the negativity of some in the room.

JAQ clearly wants smoke blowing up her arse and nods of approval from supporters. If she gets the online abuse that she claims, then that's out of order and understandably, she comes across as to be on the back foot. However, most Barnsley folk know a genuine person when they see one and there's summat about her that I can't quite put my finger on. It's like Shadrack sez, it's merely lip service. "We'll look into this, we're gonna do that, just wait and see" etc etc etc.

The 'negativity within the room' was absolutely founded and has to be brought up and acknowledged. If she finds it (in your words) 'difficult to understand' then she shouldn't be a representative on the panel.

There's nowt at all wrong with positivity but it's got to be within reason. You have to earn respect by making more good decisions than bad. I'd urge her not to either insult or try to pacify supporters who care passionately about this club. They have a right to question the things that they see as negative.