+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fans Forum

Fans Forum

Mixed bag.
    Gunna have to sleep on it.

But one things for sure,- you have to take yer hat off to Neerav and JAQ who are brave enough to stand up and answer questions in front of a Barnsley crowd..

So nowt new then.

It's their responsibility. The club is administered by these people because they own shares. The fans collectively put far more money into the club towards the annual running costs. The least the directors can do is answer a few poxy questions now and again, even if the answers they give are either ambiguous or equivocal

Out of curiosity I watched it for the first time.

1 Ahmad appeared at beginning to say goodbye and buggered off quickly.

2 Findings of EFL Investigation not published until April/ May 2024 (Parekh)

3 Ahmad's Big News not specified but discussion that followed centred upon lease/ ownership of ground. Three/ four years remain on lease. No serious money to be spent on ground until future is sorted (Parekh)

4 Club only able to get "large" incoming transfer fees last summer by agreeing to longer than usual instalment payments by buying clubs. Only around £1 million maximum available during January.(Parekh)

5 No imminent news on player contracts/ loans (Parekh)

6 Club agreed to Safety Group/ South Yorks Police recommendation to switch Horsham game to Friday night in order that those groups now "owe us one" in the future. (Parekh)

Nothing of any note from JAQ or Collins.

A mistake to watch it. Will not repeat the error.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 05-12-2023 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Mixed bag.
    Gunna have to sleep on it.

But one things for sure,- you have to take yer hat off to Neerav and JAQ who are brave enough to stand up and answer questions in front of a Barnsley crowd..
    Yes you have to take your hat off to the owners who continue to steer our ship as if it is completely rudderless !!! Nudger , do you think we should in the future doff our cap out of total respect ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Yes you have to take your hat off to the owners who continue to steer our ship as if it is completely rudderless !!! Nudger , do you think we should in the future doff our cap out of total respect ?
    You can if you want to.
    But other than that - what was your thoughts on what was said ?

You can if you want to.
    But other than that - what was your thoughts on what was said ?
    You know my thoughts, paying us lip service does nothing, I want them to put the club for sale where hopefully someone who knows how to run a club takes over , we are currently a laughing stock which I find hard to take .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    You know my thoughts, paying us lip service does nothing, I want them to put the club for sale where hopefully someone who knows how to run a club takes over , we are currently a laughing stock which I find hard to take .
    Yes but what did you think of some of the questions and points made ?

Yes but what did you think of some of the questions and points made ?
    I have already answered you , LIP SERVICE !! Its a PR exercise full of lip service & bs , they have all been the same , the only positive I can arrive at is that it gives someone with a genuine grievance or gripe the opportunity to get it off their chest , however expect the response to be as my summing up of these events, LS & BS .

A lot of content to sift through from the meeting.
    And I’m sure comments made by the directors and HC will appear on here during the coming months.

One thing that stood out was the difference of culture between the board members and a swath of the audience.
    Different lifestyles.

The directors being upbeat and positive about Barnsley and its football club.
    While a section of the audience were clearly downtrodden and utterly miserable.
    You could see JAQ was finding it difficult to understand the negativity of some in the room.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast