+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Playing out from the back"

And from today's PL we have the Forest gk trying to play out from the back and allows Scum to equalise. He's a lucky guy his real outfield colleagues know how how to pass and score.

When the keeper kicks the ball long it is a 50/50 ball, when you play out from the back you already have possession, Leeds are nowhere near good enough to do this, neither are 90 per cent of the premier teams, in fact only man city and Liverpool are good enough to do this, and even they get caught out sometimes, I hate it, it's a foreign thing which most teams have tried to copy without success, mainly us being unsuccessful at it, beggers belief why we continue to do it.

Boro v Villa......OMG I thought we could be pedestrian! Martinez has spent more time stood with one foot on the ball, 5 yards outside his own box than I can count, and then the back three play tippy tappy before passing it back to their statuesque keeper. Snorefest.

Absolute boring game, however poor we are at times I would rather watch us any time.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Boro v Villa......OMG I thought we could be pedestrian! Martinez has spent more time stood with one foot on the ball, 5 yards outside his own box than I can count, and then the back three play tippy tappy before passing it back to their statuesque keeper. Snorefest.
    And one of the Barcodes goals came directly from a failed Sunderland attempt to "play out from the back". Stupid and unnecessary.

And one of the Barcodes goals came directly from a failed Sunderland attempt to "play out from the back". Stupid and unnecessary.
    Ditto QPR losing to Bournemouth. How many more before the penny drops?

Ditto QPR losing to Bournemouth. How many more before the penny drops?
    Well there's another, Rotherham trying to be Man City and failing, badly.

First sign of madness?

Answering your own questions.

Will be of interest to see how Klaesson will distribute the ball today as he does'nt normally want the ball near his goal as he prefers to clear the ball away "traditional style".

When we bought him he was not renowned for his ball playing capabilities & to be fair
    his progression has been hit & miss but his determination to build on his own particular style strengths which is naturally to play the ball long is an interesting contrast to Mesliers attributes & it appears to have worked well for him, so far.

Klaesson’s incredibly bouncy on his feet with his hands by his sides & quickly split-steps well into a good balanced position, so he manages to cover a lot of his goal when diving using the power he gets when pushing off from his feet, particularly his left favoured side if you ever study clips of him in action.
    This powerful & effective "set position" is Klaesson’s biggest strength as a keeper, namely his excellent footwork position & rapid speed across his goal.

But he is "not clever" with the ball at his feet when playing out so it'll be interesting to see his game plan & how Farke can integrate his direct distribution strengths into our tactical approach today against the Posh who will no doubt "work" on him.

We are shocking at it too. Mellier puts us in danger and hasn’t improved one jot. Gives me the eebie jeebies every time he attempts to pass out- seems to have no sense of an oncoming striker and gets caught in possession too often.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)