+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pace and VK planned for all eventualities in the Summer

Pace and VK planned for all eventualities in the Summer

On his appointment last season a lot was spoken by VK about buying players whose profile suits VK`s plans and that they would be competitive but not overly expensive should we remain in the Championship.
    Reflecting on what has happened so far this season I personally think they have assembled a squad for all eventualities.There were no marquee signings on big wages and the players brought in are mostly young relatively cheap prospects which makes me think they have calculated in that we could be relegated.However this time we will have a squad that has gelled and is by that time playing exactly as VK wants and he will have done some more fine tuning in the next two transfer windows.At the end of last season, I distinctly remember VK saying we should have some fun in the PL and see where it takes us.
    We will also have our loanees coming back to boost the squad.
    When you look at it this way everything starts to make sense.VK is super calm in his press conferences and their are no mumblings of trouble behind the scenes.They knew this could happen and they are prepared for relegation much more than in 2021-2022.With this squad and a few clever additions they should steamroll the Championship and come back to the PL much stronger knowing what is necessary to survive and thrive in this division.

You seem to have assumed my role as "Resident Optimist" CiB but I do agree with you.

This lot would walk the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    On his appointment last season a lot was spoken by VK about buying players whose profile suits VK`s plans and that they would be competitive but not overly expensive should we remain in the Championship.
    Reflecting on what has happened so far this season I personally think they have assembled a squad for all eventualities.There were no marquee signings on big wages and the players brought in are mostly young relatively cheap prospects which makes me think they have calculated in that we could be relegated.However this time we will have a squad that has gelled and is by that time playing exactly as VK wants and he will have done some more fine tuning in the next two transfer windows.At the end of last season, I distinctly remember VK saying we should have some fun in the PL and see where it takes us.
    We will also have our loanees coming back to boost the squad.
    When you look at it this way everything starts to make sense.VK is super calm in his press conferences and their are no mumblings of trouble behind the scenes.They knew this could happen and they are prepared for relegation much more than in 2021-2022.With this squad and a few clever additions they should steamroll the Championship and come back to the PL much stronger knowing what is necessary to survive and thrive in this division.
    CIB been saying similar - we have to stick with the manager and let him develop a side to compete at this level - it may take a relegation and promotion before we realise our potential but I think as you say that’s the end goal.

How can you prepare for failure ? The object would seem to be to better yourself, surely. ? Should we go down , will it be the same outlook as this season ?The way VK conducts himself at interviews and press conferences, you would have thought we were in the top 4.He talks like he’s the manager of a top European team, without a care in the world. That’s what I will never understand, no one at the club seems bothered, the fans are certainly bothered,yet the club expect the loyal fan base to follow the club , near and far, most of the time , getting beat. Am I missing something here? I probably am.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    How can you prepare for failure ? The object would seem to be to better yourself, surely. ? Should we go down , will it be the same outlook as this season ?The way VK conducts himself at interviews and press conferences, you would have thought we were in the top 4.He talks like he’s the manager of a top European team, without a care in the world. That’s what I will never understand, no one at the club seems bothered, the fans are certainly bothered,yet the club expect the loyal fan base to follow the club , near and far, most of the time , getting beat. Am I missing something here? I probably am.
    You are not seeing the bigger picture malwayne.

After Tuesday night I won't be dipping into the savings account to follow the lads away.

I should have called it quits after Bournemouth but I'm a glutton for punishment.

No more.

You have to remember that the core fan base at Burnley is around 11500 and that, amongst them, there are quite a number who will always moan no matter what. Hence, the plan will continue, some fans will stop going and will then jump back onto the bandwagon when we win a few gamaes in whatever division. I have been going on since 1952 and it has always been the same, except in the 1980s when lots just stopped going, even though four of us used to travel up from London regularly.
    DOn't try to work things out, it's football. Newcastle fans will be moaning on like hell tonight because they really have got the 'superior' attitude these days. Just enjoy what we are going through, it's only a game at the end of the day.

It costs me a bloody fortune when we go away mein freund. My son and at least one of the grandkids manage to jump on the bandwagon and it is no longer worth the hassle, financial outlay and time involved to do road trips.

Roll on next season!

I think Mal as you say and I can see your point the obvious would be to better yourself all the time, if I’m honest I think the team is trying to do that but we are falling short in passages of play.

It’s a tough one because I see that you just want to be competitive and do the basics ie boot up field any sign of danger and I understand that after all we’ve watched it for several years that anyway and it worked to good affect for some of them.

The current managers philosophy isn’t that way he wants to play attractive football and if we get caught out a time or two then so be it , it’s between the devil and the deep blue sea no
    One is right or wrong in my opinion anyway but we have to back the manager as it will have all been for nothing otherwise. ( let’s not forget last season we were untouchable and played exciting football under VK. ).

Backing a manager with a record like ours is blind leading the blind. His championship record is irrelevant when we struggle to buy a win, only against a team who offered their arse on a plate.
    You can't reward expensive failure, so he has to go

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    Backing a manager with a record like ours is blind leading the blind. His championship record is irrelevant when we struggle to buy a win, only against a team who offered their arse on a plate.
    You can't reward expensive failure, so he has to go
    He says we are "having fun!" ballcock. Not my idea of fun though!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)