+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO John 2

FAO John 2

Hi you doing of late?

Can you express of a film I admire. Have you ever seen 'The Star Chamber' starring Michael Douglas?

If so, do you think this should be live in this country?

Merry Xmas by the way.

Hope you don't think this too macabre of me but I feel there is no support for the common man/woman anymore, who's lives are devastated on a daily basis and are failed by the judicial system of this country.

You are a very well educated person and I would like to read your views on my point.
    Last edited by Brin; 09-12-2023 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Hope you don't think this too macabre of me but I feel there is no support for the common man/woman anymore, who's lives are devastated on a daily basis and are failed by the judicial system of this country.

You are a very well educated person and I would like to read your views on my point.
    Seasons greetings.

To be honest, this is quite an odd post. Did you honestly think there was a reasonable possibility I would have seen a 40-year-old box office flop from before I was born? I'm not sure of your motivations, nor the references you are making. I'm not sure what you mean by macabre?

If you want to be more specific, with some examples, I can try and give you my thoughts.

I am in a very fortunate situation to have invested in property in Tenerife and have gained some knowledge of the legal system firsthand. It's pertinent you mention this as a friend of mine this week has experienced a major injustice there that has made me appreciate the legal system we do have in the UK. I am sure our system has many flaws, and I will always be in favor of finding ways to improve it, particularly for those without the resources to defend themselves - but I have no idea what you are referring to.

I am doing very well thank you. In the last few months I've been to Italy, Morocco, and Tenerife and am currently in Mexico City about to fly to Phoenix, Arizona. I've been working hard on my Spanish. I did a tour of the Teotihuacán pyramids yesterday and they're absolutely incredible, I didn't realise Mexico had so much to offer. Funnily enough, I was in London for a few days about a month ago and on my train to the airport to fly to Cancun I saw a fella in a retro Rotherham shirt and got chatting and it was ragingpup! It was nice to meet him. I hope you had a nice time in Tenerife.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Seasons greetings.

To be honest, this is quite an odd post. Did you honestly think there was a reasonable possibility I would have seen a 40-year-old box office flop from before I was born? I'm not sure of your motivations, nor the references you are making. I'm not sure what you mean by macabre?

If you want to be more specific, with some examples, I can try and give you my thoughts.

I am in a very fortunate situation to have invested in property in Tenerife and have gained some knowledge of the legal system firsthand. It's pertinent you mention this as a friend of mine this week has experienced a major injustice there that has made me appreciate the legal system we do have in the UK. I am sure our system has many flaws, and I will always be in favor of finding ways to improve it, particularly for those without the resources to defend themselves - but I have no idea what you are referring to.

I am doing very well thank you. In the last few months I've been to Italy, Morocco, and Tenerife and am currently in Mexico City about to fly to Phoenix, Arizona. I've been working hard on my Spanish. I did a tour of the Teotihuacán pyramids yesterday and they're absolutely incredible, I didn't realise Mexico had so much to offer. Funnily enough, I was in London for a few days about a month ago and on my train to the airport to fly to Cancun I saw a fella in a retro Rotherham shirt and got chatting and it was ragingpup! It was nice to meet him. I hope you had a nice time in Tenerife.
    Hi John. Yes, it was nice to chat to you too. Small world innit? Wish I could say the rest of that day was as nice with the Hornets tearning us a new one and Matty biting the dust. Still, always nce to have a footy based daddy/daughter day out, meet old pals for pre match beers and brace ourselves for what is to come at KO. Happy travels pal and happy xmas.

Never mind the quality, feel the width

From some old TV comedy I think, but definitely like John's missives to the stupid ( a series like panini stickers)