+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swansea City Post Match Thoughts

Swansea City Post Match Thoughts

It never rains but it pours! No manager, a silly sending off, a dodgy goal conceded, it was almost inevitable that Jerry Yates would come on and score the winner and we would end the day at the bottom of the Championship pile. Why am I reminded of the following film quote? No bonus point for naming the film. "But the ship can't sink." "She's made of iron sir. I assure you she can, and she will."

Thoughts?
    Last edited by CAMiller; 09-12-2023 at 05:16 PM.

Up against it with the sending off. The referee could have let the 2nd one go as he did the one against their number 4 in the second half.
    Their first booking was a sham as well. The refereeing display was as dire as any I’ve seen and to finish it was the Hall booking which was unbelievable.

Credit to the ten men that kept going and was the best team in the second half.

We can still get out of this position!

The sending off of Ayala was the pivotal point of the game today. It was extremely avoidable and changed the complexion and tone of the game.
    It's a long time since I've left early but I did today.
    If the new manager is Leam Richardson he has got an absolute mammoth task on his hands.

much to the shock of most on here i am going to start with some positives. The players really had a go in that 2nd half and gave everything, you have to say that fight still gives us a very small chance of a miracle. Nombe really looks the business and puts a shift in. We do have a handful of decent players. The referee was a disgrace, in the 2nd half he gave them as much as he could, it was clearly a raised hand for the last minute penalty there were so many awful decisions.
    There are a lot of negatives about our situation, but not for comment today

Lots of effort and industry, we looked far more like a team wanting to stay up as opposed to a team that can't be arsed.

Ayala, stupid first yellow card. The second yellow? Well, it'll be another explanation for Mr Webb.

Viktor outstanding again. Jamie did very well again.

Referee disgusting once again.

Theres enough to build on, enough to keep us up? I don't think so.

Richardson here again for the duration and was chatting to a few folk at half time in the lounge.

Did anyone else see why their Keeper was laughing and joking with the officials? It happened towards the end of the game and happened immediately after the end of the game.

For a 10v12 game I thought we played well

Tony Stewart out.

The man's decline mirrors the club's decline

An absolute shambles we don't have a manager

Ref couldnt wait to send Ayala off so why stupidly do you give him the opportunity to do it? . Blatant hand ball for a pen ignored second half by ref . There first goal a hand ball.

The 10 men actually played well but you cant afford to be down to 10 men in this league unless you are top of it.

Another 0 points from a 6 pointer today. They were there for the taking.

Don't think we would have lost withh 11 men.

We need a new manager in sharpish now to get us putting up some sort of fight to stay up. IF he saw the second half performance he may think we have a chance.

MOM? Anyone from Pelts, Viktor, Oddofin. Jesus-his best game for me, Ollie, Nombe, Lyndsay- how we have missed him.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 09-12-2023 at 05:59 PM.

Tony Stewart is out , out of the country someone told me today .

Ayala shouldn't have given ref the the chance for the 2nd booking. We put the effort in just lack of quality in defence & making chances especially. We all know but how bad was recruitment in the summer!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast