+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stadium of 'Fright' or Delight ?

I was under the impression that Hjelde was on loan at Rotherham, but this article suggests otherwise;

https://motleedsnews.com/players/dan...derland-clash/

Whatever, if he is available, what in gods name is Farke tooling about at? He performed at least as well as Firpo, who seemed to get the nod every time until he got injured, irrespective of the abysmal performance as a LB (not saying he couldn't play elsewhere, but he will never be a back as long as he has a hole in his a55!). Whether he is as good as Spence playing as a LB, who knows, but just what has Hjelde done to pi55 Farke off?

Hjelde has been good for the u21s when he has played so not sure why other than he looked shaky at the start of the season there for us.

Seem to be a group of players who struggle to get first team minutes whose level is somewhere between u21 and 1st XI

Poveda
    Joffy
    Cresswell
    Hjelde
    Joseph

Mcgurk and Allen have also been pulling up trees for the u21s. Bate has looked good at times too.

Be interesting to see what happens in Jan window. I think Cooper is in the last year of his contract. Ayling might want first team football. Bambi looks broken.

Farke is great but does seem strange that we don’t get more game time into the subs for the last 20 minutes or so especially when we look to have games won.

The above random screenshot is an isolated instance of why left-footed players on the left are important !
    Pinned in at the touchline like above then a right-footer player wouldn’t be able to make the same pass comfortably.

The crux of the matter is to do with retaining possession-circulation combined with effective attacking & defensive duties - end of.

If playing slightly more centrally than the position in the photo (like Byram does for us) it’s easier to avoid pressing strikers if the ball naturally curves away instead of towards the player. Additionally, when playing on the left-hand side, the angle of passes you can feasibly make is simply greater for a natural left footer.

That’s not to say there aren’t benefits of "inverting this" like we do with Byram now, who moves into the central pitch areas as an "inverted full-back" in his movements as i've stated often before.

Aside from these specific Farke tactical quirks, then natural lefties on the left is defo ideal for playing out from the back every time as the opposition will press them into mistakes.

Presently we are lucky to have Georgie's input into our defensive duties putting his two good feet to good use as Leeds often switch him from our forward press to a deeper role to help via his defensive pressing helping out our ball-winning, which also gives us a pivot to begin quicker build up play options in the event of winning any possession turnover.

For me Hjelde is a left-central defender & to be capable centre back in the PL last season only 20% were left-footed with just 4% having no preference.

None of this is a guarantee that Hjelde will be a success at left-back 'tho - but the odds are certainly stacked in his favour at left-centre back.
    Although having pace his tackling tracking back is rash at times - all stats noted this when at Celtic, Ross County, Rotherham & us to date, so far. Can Farke help that scenario or does time now conclude we spend ?

To be fair & blunt, defenders who aren’t first-team ready now are not worth getting excited about but most defenders we have who aren’t first-team ready are not a fit Leo Hjelde so maybe Farke actually prefers having an inverted left-back 😲

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    For some reason, I am very sensitive to the amount of caffeine in a cup of coffee. Even 1 latte makes me heart beat faster. So I take tea. Once, I went for an interview in London. The girl taking care of my visit, asked if I wanted a cup of coffee. I said that I preferred tea. She asked if I had anything with it, ( milk, sugar) and I said no. She said no problem and went off to get it and I saw her chatting to some colleagues. When she came back we chatted about work. I was so nervous that I didn't realize till I had almost finished the cup that she had given me a large cup of coffee. My heart was racing the whole day. I cannot understand to this day, how I didn't realize it was coffee not tea.
    Warming refreshing herbal Ginger tea is a good option for those who are sensitive to caffeine & want a different way to raise their energy levels.

Unlike black, green, oolong & white teas, it doesn't come from the Camellia sinensis plant which is the source of caffeine in tea.

Plenty of water, tea & red wine all help give you a boost in the bedroom (my) studies will state! 😇

Oh, on behalf of all ladies - the 'eye contact' means a lot & indulges curiosty Cherry! 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Warming refreshing herbal Ginger tea is a good option for those who are sensitive to caffeine & want a different way to raise their energy levels.

Unlike black, green, oolong & white teas, it doesn't come from the Camellia sinensis plant which is the source of caffeine in tea.

Plenty of water, tea & red wine all help give you a boost in the bedroom (my) studies will state! 😇

Oh, on behalf of all ladies - the 'eye contact' means a lot & indulges curiosty Cherry! 👍

Fresh ginger and fresh bruised (to release oils) lemongrass tea poured over a small amount of honey is great and good for digestion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)