+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Walsall Ratings

Walsall Ratings

Well this should be fun...

Stone 4 - Couldn't really do anything with the second goal but his distribution was shocking, constantly giving the ball straight to their players and hoofing it out of play, while almost gifting it straight to them in our own box while attempting to dribble it out. We're in desperate need for a goalkeeper in January.

Macari 5 - Was okay but but did look pretty nervous on the ball away and gave it away a few times needlessly. God knows why he was hooked for Brindley though.

Baldwin 6 - The best of the back three but that's not saying much, at least he didn't look like he'd drank a keg of Scumpy before playing today.

Cameron 3 - Awful performance from our 'captain'. At fault for their first goal by deciding to mark Baldwin, leaving their goalscorer with Nemane at the back post, forever playing the ball backwards and failed to provide and inspiration or motivation for his teammates whatsoever, choosing to berate them instead. He's blatantly not captain material.

Nemane 4 - Poor really. Beat his man a few times but was nowhere defensively and had no end product at all.

Jones 6 - Tried hard enough but just didn't work out today.

Austin 4 - Barring a few flicks and neat touches, he was anonymous, but I've come to expect that from Sam in central midfield, he just cannot play there. He's far better in the more attacking role.

Bostock 5 - Played a few decent passes and tried to get stuck in but was pretty ineffective, but as usual, we collapsed when we was hooked, in another strange substitution.

McGoldrick 4 - Similar to Bostock, he certainly tried but it definitely didn't come for him today. His first touch constantly let him down and he gave the ball away repeatedly.

Crowley 4 - As anonymous as I've seen him in a Notts shirt. Did nothing at all and gave the ball away easily for their second and decided to sulk instead of trying to win the ball back. Not sure what LW thought bringing Morais on for him would achieve though at all.

Langstaff 5 - Felt sorry for him today. Barely touched the ball throughout, but not through lack of trying. When the midfield isn't firing, Macca just cannot be effective.

Gosling 3 - I still cannot see what he brings to the team. As I said on the unofficial match thread, he plays like a player who retired months ago. Absolutely not the answer to our midfield woes.

JOB 3 - His effort was admirable but im not sure I've seen a player give the ball away so much in such a short space of time.

Brindley 4 - Don't see why he was brought on, and don't see him reigniting his notts career anytime soon. Should've released him in the summer along with a few others.

Morais 4 - The effort is there but I'm not sure the quality is with Junior, although I doubt any player could've changed the game for Notts today by the time he came on.

LW 4 - As others have said, his substitutions were odd today. We looked totally hopeless once they stepped up their game slightly in the second half and LW unfortunately had no answer. He did excellent things for us last season and at times this season, but today was incredibly worrying and certainly hasn't eased my worries about LW being able to find a solution to our current issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post

Stone 4 - Couldn't really do anything with the second goal but his distribution was shocking, constantly giving the ball straight to their players and hoofing it out of play, while almost gifting it straight to them in our own box while attempting to dribble it out. We're in desperate need for a goalkeeper in January.

Macari 5 - Was okay but but did look pretty nervous on the ball away and gave it away a few times needlessly. God knows why he was hooked for Brindley though.

Baldwin 6 - The best of the back three but that's not saying much, at least he didn't look like he'd drank a keg of Scumpy before playing today.

Cameron 3 - Awful performance from our 'captain'. At fault for their first goal by deciding to mark Baldwin, leaving their goalscorer with Nemane at the back post, forever playing the ball backwards and failed to provide and inspiration or motivation for his teammates whatsoever, choosing to berate them instead. He's blatantly not captain material.

Nemane 4 - Poor really. Beat his man a few times but was nowhere defensively and had no end product at all.

Austin 4 - Barring a few flicks and neat touches, he was anonymous, but I've come to expect that from Sam in central midfield, he just cannot play there. He's far better in the more attacking role.

Bostock 5 - Played a few decent passes and tried to get stuck in but was pretty ineffective, but as usual, we collapsed when we was hooked, in another strange substitution.

McGoldrick 4 - Similar to Bostock, he certainly tried but it definitely didn't come for him today. His first touch constantly let him down and he gave the ball away repeatedly.

Crowley 4 - As anonymous as I've seen him in a Notts shirt. Did nothing at all and gave the ball away easily for their second and decided to sulk instead of trying to win the ball back. Not sure what LW thought bringing Morais on for him would achieve though at all.

Langstaff 5 - Felt sorry for him today. Barely touched the ball throughout, but not through lack of trying. When the midfield isn't firing, Macca just cannot be effective.

Gosling 3 - I still cannot see what he brings to the team. As I said on the unofficial match thread, he plays like a player who retired months ago. Absolutely not the answer to our midfield woes.

JOB 3 - His effort was admirable but im not sure I've seen a player give the ball away so much in such a short space of time.

Brindley 4 - Don't see why he was brought on, and don't see him reigniting his notts career anytime soon. Should've released him in the summer along with a few others.

Morais 4 - The effort is there but I'm not sure the quality is with Junior, although I doubt any player could've changed the game for Notts today by the time he came on.

LW 4 - As others have said, his substitutions were odd today. We looked totally hopeless once they stepped up their game slightly in the second half and LW unfortunately had no answer. He did excellent things for us last season and at times this season, but today was incredibly worrying and certainly hasn't eased my worries about LW being able to find a solution to our current issues.
    Couldn’t be there today due to a works xmas day out and piss up but if these ratings are spot on god help us roll on January

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Couldn’t be there today due to a works xmas day out and piss up but if these ratings are spot on god help us roll on January
    It was absolutely dire today, frustrating beyond belief

I'd go with BCnotts18's ratings, all of them would be close to my own.

It speaks volumes that our man of the match only gets a 6.

I would give Nemane a 5, most of the time we pass it to him when he is facing our goal and marked by 2 players. He did his best in these circumstances. Crowley and McGoldrick looked totally out of form, so 3 for each. Jones loses his head when he doesn't get the referee's decisions he feels he deserves, only a 4 for me. I thought Baldwin was MoM.

When the captain is flapping his arms at his team mates it's definitely worrying.

Wouldn't have given anybody MoM today, they were all well below par...........

Fair ratings. Today was absolutely shocking, especially second half. Memories of years gone by came flooding back and not in a good way. Improvements required.

Ratings look pretty accurate to me.

I thought at the time Stone should've easily saved their first. Having just watched the highlights my view is confirmed. He's no improvement on Slocombe, a sideways step at best. Slocombe is the better keeper for me, but we need a new face between the sticks and to move one on.

For their second, it's yet another occasion where Brindley doesn't close down the man with the ball despite him posing the obvious danger.

2nd half we had 4 decent attacks into their box and the final pass/decision was wrong on all of them.

Can’t comment on today’s game, as I luckily missed it, but I was very surprised to see Sam Austin start in a position he clearly can’t play. I like Sam, but he needs to be in the Crowley role higher up the pitch or wing back. Every good game JOB has is when he starts. He seems to struggle to get into the pace of the game when he comes on as sub. Odd choices today.

Since Matty Palmer’s injury, we’ve won two and lost three (I’ll ignore the cup games because LW does), but not had any games where we controlled things for 90 minutes. He is ***** to our way of playing, but without a like-for-like replacement, we haven’t come close to finding a solution. In the recent games I’ve seen, Bostock looks out of form and Gosling a gamble that hasn’t paid off, and we’ve lacked intensity across the pitch. We rely on Jodi Jones, Crowley, McGoldrick and Langstaff’s individual quality to win us games. When they’re off it, clearly we are going to struggle.

Not sure there are any quick fixes to this, even in January - but we have to find a way of controlling games again without Matty Palmer on the pitch, whether that’s tweaking the formation or bringing in better players (probably both).

Baldwin was our best player by a mile along the back line and had a solid game, JJ the same up top. The rest of the side was awful, but I’ll excuse Langstaff as he never saw the ball.
    Stone is even more flat footed than Collin ever was (and that’s saying something), I’m not sure what stats Radar examined but basic goalkeeping ones weren’t part of it and I’m really struggling to find a single positive in his signing.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast