+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Women's Football, One of Our Own and SPOTY

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    I must admit that I started this thread after seeing that Mary Earps was the odds-on favourite for the SPOTY award. As she is from West Bridgford, I thought it would be a good idea to vote for her. I must admit I had no idea who the other candidates were.

As a season ticket holder at Trent Bridge for almost 60 years, I’m one of Stuart Broad's biggest fans. I think that he should be nailed on for the Lifetime Achievement Award.

So here’s a recap:

My selections for the BBC Awards 2023:

Sports Personality of the Year – Mary Earps
    Lifetime Achievement Award – Stuart Broad

Well this Mary Earps I’ve never heard of her or what she’s done, but I’m guessing it’s down to whether you follow a minority sport or not, but regardless I would rather vote for someone on talent than because she’s local, if that were the case we’d be voting for Jermaine Jenas as presenter of the year because he’s from Clifton!

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Well this Mary Earps I’ve never heard of her or what she’s done, but I’m guessing it’s down to whether you follow a minority sport or not, but regardless I would rather vote for someone on talent than because she’s local, if that were the case we’d be voting for Jermaine Jenas as presenter of the year because he’s from Clifton!
    Post #8 by Elite_Pie listed her achievements this year.

Well this Mary Earps I’ve never heard of her or what she’s done, but I’m guessing it’s down to whether you follow a minority sport or not
    The TV audience for the Women's World Cup final peaked at 14.46m in the UK. That's not what I would consider a 'minority sport'

https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...iewing-figures

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    The TV audience for the Women's World Cup final peaked at 14.46m in the UK. That's not what I would consider a 'minority sport'

https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...iewing-figures
    Wow, did we win?

Wow, did we win?
    https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=who+w...+cup+final%3F+

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post

Today, 59,042 watched Arsenal Women beat undefeated Chelsea Women 4-1.
    Hardly a surprise when a season ticket costs less than a single match ticket to watch the men.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    She has done nothing this year, if anything, you could say she cost England a place in the Nations Cup semis, with a howler.
    Stuart Broad however chose to exit the game at the highest level, when probably producing the best bowling of his career, and probably the definition of a 'sports personality', oh not to mention having a big say in dragging England back into the Ashes this summer, by hitting his last ball in test cricket for six, and taking a wicket with his last ball in test cricket, to win the game and level the series for England.
    I agree it is only the bookies idea of who the favourites are, but, I wouldn't bet against Earps winning, as the general public do not seem to have a brain anymore these days, and swallow all the msm opinion, not news, rubbish.
    I guess you won't be buying a replica shirt then .... not that you would be able to get one!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67684272

Whether you like womens football or not, it's for sports personality of the year and womens football is a sport. Don't think she deserves sports personality of the year for the World Cup but that's upto everyone for their choice.

Didn’t even realise it was still going, I haven’t watched it since the Beeb rigged it to stop Bob Nudd from winning.

Speaking of women's football ... Joey Barton seems to have lost the plot. Even though I agree with his general thrust that viewers are being short changed by woke companies going overboard on diversity.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast