+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Eintracht Frankfurt

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    We were getting searched on entry tonight. A big police presence too. Quite a few Frankfurt fans were turned away with tickets at the South Stand.
    I did feel sorry for them.
    There were a lot in the main stand coming in with scarves , club jackets etc and was fine ,plus all the ones in the away end.
    It would be a real shame if having travelled not all of them got in.
    To be so close to a sublime Sokler goal but not close enough ;-)

Aberdeen fans were selling tickets to Frankfurt fans on Merkland Road East.
    ****agers in front of me were discussing how much they would sell their tickets for. £100? £150?
    Germans were asking, "where is the South Stand?"
    When I queued at the turnstiles, I was approached by two different stewards asking, "far aboot in Aiberdeen di ye bide?"
    I hope the poor Germans enjoyed their evening at The Bobbin!

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    We don’t need one.
    Yup. Put me back in the happy clapper section regarding the manager. There's still lack of variety when it comes to tactics, most obviously against other SPL teams, but starting to think a better solution might be taking a chance on one or two new assistants/coaches to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ybovril View Post
    Aberdeen fans were selling tickets to Frankfurt fans on Merkland Road East.
    ****agers in front of me were discussing how much they would sell their tickets for. £100? £150?
    Germans were asking, "where is the South Stand?"
    When I queued at the turnstiles, I was approached by two different stewards asking, "far aboot in Aiberdeen di ye bide?"
    I hope the poor Germans enjoyed their evening at The Bobbin!
    Is this a twelve word story as I’m struggling to get the gist of these disparate statements!? 🥲

Jist got hame fae playin a gig, so missed the game .... but for the record ... YAAASSSS MIN!

Think a certain forward has earned himself a song? You are my Sokler, my Ester Sokler....

Just mind and be respectful, and go back to the Amoruso version, nae the Nacho Novo een.

Some finish the night - looked like he managed to lob the keeper, even though he was practically on his line. We're getting a lot o joy this season wi passes over the top of the defence - Miovski, Duk, and Sokler all look strong and fast enough to get on the end o things.

Useless fact of the day, but we have a hell of a home record against German teams in Europe. Since losing to Monchengladbach in 1972 we have six wins and four draws

2023 Eintracht Frankfurt 2-0
    2007 Bayern Munich 2-2
    2002 Hertha Berlin 0-0
    1988 Dynamo Dresden 0-0
    1984 Dynamo Berlin 2-1
    1983 Hamburg 2-0
    1983 Bayern Munich 3-2
    1981 Hamburg 3-2
    1979 Eintracht Frankfurt 1-1
    1978 Fortuna Dusseldorf 2-0

"can we play you every week"

So now what - we play the B-team every week!?

Brilliant performance against a very good team, they were much changed from their destruction of Bayern but still 5 players from that team and the backups are nae mugs

The tactics to counterattack were spot on I think, thats a few times its worked well in Europe but Barry - the league is a different animal

Kudos to Shayden - taken a lot of flak but did well last night before fading a little, maybe fitness. Milne looks a player every game - high hopes for him. Devlin should have had a pen - watched that a few times and I can't see the defender getting the ball at all. Polvara does not look out of place in Europe - can find a pass. The whole defence did very well - solid and organised, Ruby had a couple of scares early on but was cruising after that and Roos was excellent

On that note its looking likely him and Barron are off - hope I'm wrong but with Barron changing agencies and Roos quiet on the contract front we will need to replace them both

Duk and Sokler both coming into form at the right time given the games we've got this month, hope we see Duk especially finish the year strongly

Proud of our performances in Europe, with a bit more luck and nous we could have got out of the groups. I saw Hacken did not get a single point in their europa group and ended with a GD of -14. I'm convinced we would have done better in their place (IF we could have got motoring a little earlier in the season)

Please, please don't use the same tactics on Sunday Baz - the huns have a slow defence and any pace will reap rewards against them

Pretty wild considering the result how quiet this thread is - hopefully Sundays crashes the site for the right reasons!

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbe_stats View Post
    Pretty wild considering the result how quiet this thread is
    It's the nerves!!! I'm a roller coaster of excited and nervous. I'm sure all will relate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbe_stats View Post
    So now what - we play the B-team every week!?

Brilliant performance against a very good team, they were much changed from their destruction of Bayern but still 5 players from that team and the backups are nae mugs

The tactics to counterattack were spot on I think, thats a few times its worked well in Europe but Barry - the league is a different animal

Kudos to Shayden - taken a lot of flak but did well last night before fading a little, maybe fitness. Milne looks a player every game - high hopes for him. Devlin should have had a pen - watched that a few times and I can't see the defender getting the ball at all. Polvara does not look out of place in Europe - can find a pass. The whole defence did very well - solid and organised, Ruby had a couple of scares early on but was cruising after that and Roos was excellent

On that note its looking likely him and Barron are off - hope I'm wrong but with Barron changing agencies and Roos quiet on the contract front we will need to replace them both

Duk and Sokler both coming into form at the right time given the games we've got this month, hope we see Duk especially finish the year strongly

Proud of our performances in Europe, with a bit more luck and nous we could have got out of the groups. I saw Hacken did not get a single point in their europa group and ended with a GD of -14. I'm convinced we would have done better in their place (IF we could have got motoring a little earlier in the season)

Please, please don't use the same tactics on Sunday Baz - the huns have a slow defence and any pace will reap rewards against them

Pretty wild considering the result how quiet this thread is - hopefully Sundays crashes the site for the right reasons!
    I have heard from a few people that Barron is off but I’m not sure about Roos.

Apparently his wife plays for Aberdeen ladies so if she’s happy enough here then I thought he would have signed a new deal.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast