+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Leam Richardson

A totally bland appointment and a totally bland,cliche ridden, interview.The interviewer constantly loads his questions and therefore the answers are literally ''off the tongue''! Our 5th choice is the ''main man''! That said,he has my full support and I wish him all the best because sometimes in life you stumble across a solution rather than plan one!

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Looking at a write up from May 2023, about Leam Richardson, from his Wigan Athletic manager days.

One of the key principles of Wigan Athletic under Leam Richardson, was the high press.
    Richardson always set up his team to press in a man-orientated fashion.
    Having 3 men in the middle was for this, because it meant they rarely ever had an underload
    in the midfield, & could always match their opponents man-for-man.
    ELK, one thing I liked about Richardson's approach to a game was to be 'different'. I've always been a believer of not calling all 10 outfield players back to defend a corner but leave one up front so the opposition have to do the same but, if you leave a fast one up front then two had to be called back.

When Wigan last played us at ours, we had a corner but Richardson left 'two' of his players up the field on opposite wings meaning Warne had to leave 'three' back, took the whole sting out of our attacking corner. I suppose variation is good, I hope Richardson hasn't forgotten that little trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I can, Millmoor. I think it’s the same at Hillsborough as well?

It also means our bench can get at the linesman and the home fans can intimidate the away bench.
    Correct Mas, the linesman is always on the right of the Ref. For us to have the home end dugout and be in the linesman's ear, the dugout would have to be on the family stand side, then we lose the 4th official.

I'm just grateful that someone has eventually accepted the job, and a pretty nailed on relegation on his c.v. Good on him.I Trust the guys who want Taylor gone, are happy now.
    Best of luck LR .

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Correct Mas, the linesman is always on the right of the Ref. For us to have the home end dugout and be in the linesman's ear, the dugout would have to be on the family stand side, then we lose the 4th official.
    It probably has a detrimental effect judging by decsions against us this season but I am not telling gru that..!.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I can, Millmoor. I think it’s the same at Hillsborough as well?

It also means our bench can get at the linesman and the home fans can intimidate the away bench.
    The teams don't swap ends each half at Hillsborough to do their warm ups though.
    Also people are always complaining about the lack of atmosphere so it might help to have the manager near the home end to gee the crowd up occasionally when the team need a bit of help.
    That stuff about getting at the linesman is a bit naff to be honest and is more likely to get the manager sent off these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocksgloves1 View Post
    I'm just grateful that someone has eventually accepted the job, and a pretty nailed on relegation on his c.v. Good on him.I Trust the guys who want Taylor gone, are happy now.
    Best of luck LR .
    They are never happy. Only happy moaning 🤷🏻*♂️.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Seems to be working out really well lately all this getting in the officials' ears. Maybe gru is a real Guru?

Our bench can get at the linesman our fans can intimidate the away bench that's working well! We almost always kick to the home end 2nd half like when Evans was here in the dugout in that half together with home fans can motivate the side more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    A totally bland appointment and a totally bland,cliche ridden, interview.The interviewer constantly loads his questions and therefore the answers are literally ''off the tongue''! Our 5th choice is the ''main man''! That said,he has my full support and I wish him all the best because sometimes in life you stumble across a solution rather than plan one!
    Not like you to be trying to think of a better word than negative so no offence meant.
    I think he will do a good job.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast