+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Leam Richardson

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ELK, one thing I liked about Richardson's approach to a game was to be 'different'. I've always been a believer of not calling all 10 outfield players back to defend a corner but leave one up front so the opposition have to do the same but, if you leave a fast one up front then two had to be called back.

When Wigan last played us at ours, we had a corner but Richardson left 'two' of his players up the field on opposite wings meaning Warne had to leave 'three' back, took the whole sting out of our attacking corner. I suppose variation is good, I hope Richardson hasn't forgotten that little trick.
    I said this in a post this last week, about leaving 2 attackers / players up field, when the opposition have a corner,
    maybe Bramall & Nombe.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Our bench can get at the linesman our fans can intimidate the away bench that's working well! We almost always kick to the home end 2nd half like when Evans was here in the dugout in that half together with home fans can motivate the side more.
    In the four seasons since we moved it we’ve been promoted twice and stayed up in the championship once so it’s worked alright so far. But you don’t like stats do you?

Is it fair to say the majority of fans who post on here are looking forward to Leam's appointment?

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I said this in a post this last week, about leaving 2 attackers / players up field, when the opposition have a corner,
    maybe Bramall & Nombe.
    He's a radical thinker is Leam. Look out for Viktor and Morrison being left up when we are defending a corner

Would say so Brin the usual bull shine from the powers that be Rob Scott trying to dress it up as if we were taking our time blah blah I just admire the guy for taking it on thing that surprises me is TS is a successful businessman but RUFC is a **** show from top to bottom the playing side the commercial side (admit the corporate side seems to be good) but the main thing for your average fan is the 1st team Rob Scott needs to take some responsibility for that
    Maybe a fresh set up is what’s needed anyone know who is going to be director of football someone on twitter reckons it’s Paul Douglas? Surely can’t be right he’s part of the problem not the solution
    Sorry to go on. yes! Looking forward to a new era under Leam

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    In the four seasons since we moved it we’ve been promoted twice and stayed up in the championship once so it’s worked alright so far. But you don’t like stats do you?

That's gone this season we're in it up to our necks! Got to try something!

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    That's gone this season we're in it up to our necks! Got to try something!
    We all know now anyway, so you won’t have to keep telling us on every thread.

I’ve said in a previous post , we needed someone who could take us back up if we get relegated . This new manager has the pedigree to do that . Hopefully we somehow fight our way out this mess we are in . 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Would say so Brin the usual bull shine from the powers that be Rob Scott trying to dress it up as if we were taking our time blah blah I just admire the guy for taking it on thing that surprises me is TS is a successful businessman but RUFC is a **** show from top to bottom the playing side the commercial side (admit the corporate side seems to be good) but the main thing for your average fan is the 1st team Rob Scott needs to take some responsibility for that
    Maybe a fresh set up is what’s needed anyone know who is going to be director of football someone on twitter reckons it’s Paul Douglas? Surely can’t be right he’s part of the problem not the solution
    Not a chance Paul Douglas. And if it is, TS has well and truly lost the plot.

For me, a director of football is someone who sits in the middle ground between the corporate side and the playing side, in order that the manager (or head coach as he's now called) can do his job in terms of concentrating purely on winning football matches.

So for that role we need someone with footballing experience, ideally managerial, so that he can work with LR to create an ongoing culture or strategy within the club, on the field of play, now and in the future. Likewise, someone who understands the financial and corporate aspects of the game to work with Tony and help guide his decision making regarding transfer strategy and so on to make us sustainable and achieve this "incremental" progression he's spoken of.

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    There’s an indication of who the Director of Football is going to be in one of the Rob Scott interviews. Link on the other thread.
    Although I’ve already said who it is so no need to listen if you haven’t got time

I suspect that’s why Ronnie was hinting at it a few days ago because they’re still mates

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast