+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens Park (a) 22nd Dec

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    I think we have become very predictable to play against. When we were flying, everything was coming off. Now, we are lacking confidence. Middleton the perfect example of this. Imagination is lacking and all of our attacking players are afraid of making mistakes. We did miss 2 or 3 great chances tonight and in my view should have had a penalty.

Positives. We haven't lost ground. We looked comfortable defensively. Raith arclosing sheds of goals. It is a good time to have a bad spell with the window about to open

Negatives. We are in a bad spell and seem to be making the same mistakes over and over whilst hoping for a different result. We have lost our clinical edge in front of goal.
    Agree with this. Also someone said earlier we have no fire in our bellies and it's spot on. We should be going at teams from the first whistle with fire, passion, fast movement. We're letting teams see that we're pedestrian and it gives them confidence. Worrying and it needs to change. I'm beginning to wonder if Goodwin is frightened to get at the players.

The game can be summed up by one snapshot….

88 mins gone and desperate for a goal we win a corner and that fat lazy idiot Middleton takes about 15 minutes to walk over and take it. The lack of tempo, hunger and desire was utterly disgusting! They all had a cheek to look bemused at getting boo’ed at the end too!

We were clearly the better side and their goalie literally started time wasting in the 4th minute but I don’t remember any clear cut chances other than Moults late on. Queen’s Park are dreadful and we couldn’t score, Raith let in 2 or 3 most weeks (despite winning) and we couldn’t score! It’s all down to attitude and an inept manager!

Ps were we offside on all them? Looked from the stands that the Lino just hated us and that at least 2 were clearly onside!

Quote Originally Posted by Sande_Man View Post

88 mins gone and desperate for a goal we win a corner and that fat lazy idiot Middleton takes about 15 minutes to walk over and take it. The lack of tempo, hunger and desire was utterly disgusting! They all had a cheek to look bemused at getting boo’ed at the end too!

We were clearly the better side and their goalie literally started time wasting in the 4th minute but I don’t remember any clear cut chances other than Moults late on. Queen’s Park are dreadful and we couldn’t score, Raith let in 2 or 3 most weeks (despite winning) and we couldn’t score! It’s all down to attitude and an inept manager!

Ps were we offside on all them? Looked from the stands that the Lino just hated us and that at least 2 were clearly onside!
    Not certain about the others but the Glass one was onside. He timed his run perfectly. If VAR was there you're wanting him to put the ball in the net because I think it's given. Think the Lino was probably a Hun, some of the others in that second half looked pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Not certain about the others but the Glass one was onside. He timed his run perfectly. If VAR was there you're wanting him to put the ball in the net because I think it's given. Think the Lino was probably a Hun, some of the others in that second half looked pretty close.
    Yeah that one looked onside from where I was sitting….as did the one Kai was flagged. Still frustrating the amount of times we were offside. The ball forward had to be quicker or the run bent more!

Most them were offside, the infuriating thing was the linesman seemed to take an age with his decisions, absolutely no excuse for some of our strikers getting caught offside either, other than being lazy.

I honestly can't take any positives from that game tonight, one of the worst performances and results in recent times when you consider we had a chance to regain the momentum in the title race. Even if we had somehow fluked a win with a late goal, that performance has red flags all over it. Actually one positive, we didn't lose which as got more desperate and ran out of ideas, wasn't beyond the realms of possibility. Cujoe wasn't great but probably the one guy who might have been able to beat a player and unlock a defence with a pass, the fact he got hooked first was so predictable, fact Watt stayed on was a joke, hardly broke a sweat and was honking. He just isn't that good a player. And Tilson and sibbald doesn't work, playing those two from the start v Queens Park was poor management, should have been Glass. Just an utter rank performance from start to finish.

Yeah that one looked onside from where I was sitting….as did the one Kai was flagged. Still frustrating the amount of times we were offside. The ball forward had to be quicker or the run bent more!
    On TV Kai had a look of complete disbelief at that one, he was certain he was onside.

Snapshot for me, was Grimshaw's attempt to take a throw deep in their half in the 89th minute, and his inability to get a cross in from that position. Shock Utd give up possession from their own thrown in.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    On TV Kai had a look of complete disbelief at that one, he was certain he was onside.
    There was one first half, can't remember if it was Moult or Watt, but Middleton had a great chance to slip them through, but took too long to release the pass, really poor. He also had a poor touch when he had chance to go through on goal.

Thon boy Tony Watt looks a player NOT!!!
    He was absolutely dreadful tonight

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Most them were offside, the infuriating thing was the linesman seemed to take an age with his decisions, absolutely no excuse for some of our strikers getting caught offside either, other than being lazy.

I honestly can't take any positives from that game tonight, one of the worst performances and results in recent times when you consider we had a chance to regain the momentum in the title race. Even if we had somehow fluked a win with a late goal, that performance has red flags all over it. Actually one positive, we didn't lose which as got more desperate and ran out of ideas, wasn't beyond the realms of possibility. Cujoe wasn't great but probably the one guy who might have been able to beat a player and unlock a defence with a pass, the fact he got hooked first was so predictable, fact Watt stayed on was a joke, hardly broke a sweat and was honking. He just isn't that good a player. And Tilson and sibbald doesn't work, playing those two from the start v Queens Park was poor management, should have been Glass. Just an utter rank performance from start to finish.
    Can't disagree with any of that. The fact he a) started Watt b) failed to hook him at half time just adds to my worry that Goodwin is either frightened in that dressing room or clueless.

I can forgive quite a lot of things but I can't forgive a player who thinks he's better than everyone else but isn't, tries popstar outside of the boot shots when laces through it is a goal, flicks and tricks that don't come off when a simple pass will do. He's a complete c##t and needs out of our club as soon as possible.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)